Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long for the interview in Los Angeles?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long for the interview in Los Angeles?

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows how long does it take to be called for the interview in L.A.? We have filed at the local Downtown INS office.

Thanks.

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knows how long does it take to be called for the interview in L.A.? We have filed at the local Downtown INS office.

Thanks.

Comment

Did you file all items (130, 485, together?) My friend's took about 4 months.

Comment

I married a USC and we filled in December/2002. It's been 6 months now. So far, I haven't heard from them.
        Why is it that some people get their EAD whithin and their interview around 4 months after they apply while others have to wait forever?
        What may be the reasons for such delay for some people?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, we filed everything together in October. The EAD came in December.

"Still Waiting", did you also receive a letter from them stating that it would take up to 18 months? I heard it should be much sooner, but not sure how long.

"Guest", when did your friends file?

Thanks

Comment

I'm new to this and have a probably dumb question what's EAD?

Comment

If you don't know, then it could never be a dumb question ").

EAD=Employment Authorization Document (Work Permit)

Comment

Bumping up. Would like to see more responses if any are available.

Thank you.

Comment

One Heart, YOur kind comment makes the world a better place to live in. Very touching. I have seen some mean people in this site lately lately. WE NEED MORE LIKE YOURSLEF. God Bless You.

Comment

Thank you Glen, and your praise also makes the world go round. It is greatly appreciated.

God Bless To You and Your Loved Ones!

Comment

LA
                      I DID NOT RECEIVE ANY NOTICE FROM BCIS SO FAR. THE IMMIGRATION ASSISTANT OFFICE FILLED OUT HER ADDRESS IN THE FORM. SHE GAVE ME A LOT OF EXPLANATIONS THAT SOUNDED MORE LIKE EXCUSES.
                      I MADE SEVERAL INQUIRIES TO WHICH I DID NOT GET ANY RESPONSES EITHER.

MY FRIENDS APPLIED AROUND ONE MONTHS AFTER THEY GOT MARRIED AND IN 3-4 WEEKS GOT THEIR EAD.
                      IN SUMMARY: STILL WAITING.

THANKS FOR SHARING.

Comment

Still Waiting,

Thank you. As you see, Katy had interview already and she filed the same day we did. So, hopefully we will be called soon too and you too.

Good luck.

Comment

LA:
                          Unfortunately, it looks like I won't receive any notice from BCIS(local office).
                          I've explained my case to an expert and he advised to contact a good immigration lawyer
                          immediately. All the backlog that has been taking place in my immigration process suggests that there must be problems with my applications, which were filled and filed by the social I paid to do that. And although she may be blamed for jeopardizing my AOS process, for the BCIS officers, I'm the one to undergo the consequences of these mistakes, which may be of extreme severity(like being asked to live the country).
                          Somebody in this forum already warned me that because of this person's bad job I may have my process denied or closed, or worse(demanded to leave the country).
                          I will have to find a way to check what is going on before I take a legal step. I don't wanna blame anybody without having clear evidences.

Congratulations to those of you who got your GC!

Comment

Still Waiting, I am sorry you are going through this nightmare. You should have done the papers yourself or your wife should have done it for you without any help from people that don't know what they are doing.

We did it ourselves and didn't pay one extra penny other than what needed to be paid for the filings.

My mother-in-law is in a similar situation as you. She paid this crook $4,000 to file her asylum case and he ran off with the money writing total nonsence on her application.

So, I know exactly where you are coming from

I wish you good luck and next time only trust yourself.

Comment

Working...
                            X