lost I-94&AOS processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost I-94&AOS processing

Married to a USC and in the process of filing my aos packadge but have lost my I-94 card.They still can see the immigration stamp at POE in my passeport though.Will that cause any delay in processing my case?
    Thanks

Married to a USC and in the process of filing my aos packadge but have lost my I-94 card.They still can see the immigration stamp at POE in my passeport though.Will that cause any delay in processing my case?
    Thanks

Comment

Attach a copy of passport's POE stamp which prove that you entered legally and inspected. no effect on application.

Comment

read kamsar's posting and your replies. is it ok to marry while on VWP and file for AOS/I130/AP/EAD? i have been here for more than 60days but not out of status. fell in love and really considering marriage while here.

should i get married and then file AOS and the rest? or should i await 1129F back home?

appreciate your help.

btw, is there any good immigration lawyer you can recommend? i am in Louisiana.

Comment

can someone pls help? mohan? or anyone else? appreciate any reply to my query.

thanks.
          want2marry

Comment

what is VWP?

Comment

VWP = Visa Waiver Program

Comment

As I said You can marry any time but you ave to file for Waiver for two years requirement. I-601 is required to waive the mandatory requirement for TWO years. extreme hardship to be proven to get waiver.

Comment

Jose Vega, New Orleans, LA (504) 561-6607

Comment

Mohan, thanks for your response. You could have mistaken what my query was about. Apologies for my bad 'phrasing' that must have caused your confusion.

I came to USA in early Oct02 for an extended vacation, visiting friends. The country I come from is a reciprocal nation of the list of countries under the Visa Waiver Program(VWP). VWP allows 90days entry/stay in USA without the need for any visa application.

Cupid struck and I feel I am ready to get married. I have been here for 2months already and will need to exit USA by end of Dec, making the full 90days.

My beau and I plan to get married and file for AOS/AP/EAD within this week or next. We are not sure if we should do that, if there will be complications. There is no misrepresentation as I entered legally, without false declaration at POE.

What are your views? Do you have any good immigration lawyer to recommend for a consultation?

Thanks Mohan.

Comment

When You are on VWP You Can file the paper work. you will not be entittled under VWP once you filed the AOS. You should apply to get K/V status next time once you go back.
                      The right way to deal with your case is not to overstay and you should leave within the time period permitted. In this case, neither you will violate INS Law nor misrepresent your self or Overstay because you are under AOS.
                      You Can still overstay while you are Adjusting your status but it will couse problems laterz, My advice is not to overstay .
                      Talk to the Lawyers in your area.He might have another suggestion for you.

Comment

mohan

thanks for the contact no to jose vega. unfortunately, he is no longer at that number and had apparently moved to texas.

any other attourney referral in LA?

thanks again

Comment

as Mohan has said, you cannot overstay, you cannot look like your "visitor" intentions were really to marry (misrep), and you cannot do anything to cause an interpretation by the INS of fraud. You are best not to overstay but to return to your country and then proceed to file the applications needed in your particular case.

Comment

BASSAM Y. MESSAIKE, ATTORNEY AT LAW

601 Poydras Street, Suite 2055
                            New Orleans, LA 70130
                            (504) 558-9977

MALVERN BURNETT, ATTORNEY AT LAW

1523 Polymnia Street
                            New Orleans, LA 70130
                            (504) 586-1922 or 1-800-208-8472

LOYOLA UNIVERSITY-LAW CLINIC

7214 St. Charles Avenue
                            New Orleans, LA 70118
                            (504) 861-5590

Comment

thanks to all.

appreciate your feedback. decided will file I-I-1-130 & 129f accordingly while i am here.

but will return to my home country after christmas (sitll within status) to maintain my clean good record with IMMI here.

thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X