"Sex Offender" with my WIFE!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Sex Offender" with my WIFE!

I am 21-years-old and overcame a childhood as an illegal immigrant, an education in alternative schools and the collapse of Enron Corp.

I am a nationally known spokesman for displaced Enron workers, may now face deportation back to my native El Salvador because I impregnated a 13-year-old fellow student when I was 17. The girl insisted the sex was consensual, and we are now married, but that did not prevent me from being charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, a felony, to which I pleaded guilty in 1999.

My fellow ex-Enron employees also question the unusual timing of the government's decision to deport me. My deportation comes at a time when I have become well known for my role in criticizing Enron. Instead of deporting me directly after my plea agreement in 1999, as would normally be done, the Immigration and Naturalization Service waited more than two years, when my case was brought to the INS' attention by my probation officer.

My wife and I were outside a friend's house with our son one evening when we started to argue, and the police were called. The police noted that my wife was 14, and I was booked on charges of sexual assault of a child. On the advice of my attorney, I decided to plead guilty in exchange for deferred adjudication, which meant I would be on probation for 8 years. I married my wife two months after my plea agreement.

I was not deported, and I began to turn my life around. When I graduated in 2000, three companies fought for my services. I chose Enron, where I eventually went to work for the senior director of the database development team.

After Enron collapse I landed on my feet, taking a job for Distributed Network Service Corp. All this time, I was on probation as a sex offender. I did not handle my relationship with my probation officer well - tensions developed between the officer and me. I missed a couple of meetings, a violation of his probation. But instead of notifying the judge, the probation officer sent the case file straight to the INS, knowing that this would almost certainly get me deported.

I was being held in a detention center near Bush Intercontinental Airport; it remains uncertain what I can do. The law clearly states that a non-citizen convicted of an aggravated felony must be deported back to his country of origin.

Can I ask the judge in the sexual assault case to allow me to withdraw my guilty plea, which could result in a new trial?

I am 21-years-old and overcame a childhood as an illegal immigrant, an education in alternative schools and the collapse of Enron Corp.

I am a nationally known spokesman for displaced Enron workers, may now face deportation back to my native El Salvador because I impregnated a 13-year-old fellow student when I was 17. The girl insisted the sex was consensual, and we are now married, but that did not prevent me from being charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, a felony, to which I pleaded guilty in 1999.

My fellow ex-Enron employees also question the unusual timing of the government's decision to deport me. My deportation comes at a time when I have become well known for my role in criticizing Enron. Instead of deporting me directly after my plea agreement in 1999, as would normally be done, the Immigration and Naturalization Service waited more than two years, when my case was brought to the INS' attention by my probation officer.

My wife and I were outside a friend's house with our son one evening when we started to argue, and the police were called. The police noted that my wife was 14, and I was booked on charges of sexual assault of a child. On the advice of my attorney, I decided to plead guilty in exchange for deferred adjudication, which meant I would be on probation for 8 years. I married my wife two months after my plea agreement.

I was not deported, and I began to turn my life around. When I graduated in 2000, three companies fought for my services. I chose Enron, where I eventually went to work for the senior director of the database development team.

After Enron collapse I landed on my feet, taking a job for Distributed Network Service Corp. All this time, I was on probation as a sex offender. I did not handle my relationship with my probation officer well - tensions developed between the officer and me. I missed a couple of meetings, a violation of his probation. But instead of notifying the judge, the probation officer sent the case file straight to the INS, knowing that this would almost certainly get me deported.

I was being held in a detention center near Bush Intercontinental Airport; it remains uncertain what I can do. The law clearly states that a non-citizen convicted of an aggravated felony must be deported back to his country of origin.

Can I ask the judge in the sexual assault case to allow me to withdraw my guilty plea, which could result in a new trial?

Comment

I'm a parent of a 13-year-old daughter and I pray to God that her childhood is never interrupted and her innocence never destroyed before she's grown. Your comments offend my senses to the bone. You still think you shouldn't be deported. If I could, I'd deport you myself, for ruining a child's life and her family's hopes and dreams. FOUR YEARS LATER, your "wife" is not even an adult yet, and YOU should have been sent packing long ago. Another INS mistake in their lax attitudes. What a shame.

Comment

???

Comment

my suggestion? Leave the US immediately. Maybe you can sell your sob story to some tabloid - preferably in another country.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

You can leave this country immediately! Your uncivilized mentality goes completely against U.S. values and how U.S. citizens think and live. If you had not been allowed to stay by the incompetent INS, just think how one little girl's life could have been so different! Time to go home, pal!

Comment

A 13-year-old-girl is not an adult and is not emotionally mature enough to CONSENT to anything -- especially not a conscious understanding of LOVE versus dependency, infatuation and pure physical attraction. You don't know much about child development, puberty and adolescence, do you?

Comment

I agree with Love 101. There is no such thing as consensual sex when the girl is that young. 13 years old! The girl just barely graduated from elementary school!! What did she know about love and sex?! And FYI, the United States is not the only country that has a law against it.

Comment

Excuse you "leavers", how can this person leave the country when his wife (the alleged "raped" person) and their son lives here? Are you OUT OF YOUR MINDS???

Comment

If you read his beginning post, he is under deportation proceedings or thinks he's about to be.

If he's deportable, he will be deported, regardless of his wife and/or child.

What are YOU talking about? Please share it if you know!

Comment

s/he knows nothing, otherwise would have already shared.

Comment

Africa united....

.....and others......

don't ya know that the real sex offenders are much more different from this guy who did nothing wrong?!

For instance, a sexual predator with full-blown AIDS who rapes young girls and boys, knowingly infecting them with the deadly HIV virus would be the one who'd deserve these words of yours -- the most recent case being that of Nushawn Williams, a drug-dealing black drifter from the mean streets of New York who hung around school yards and playgrounds using drugs as a lure for sex. He infected more than a dozen teenagers, some girls as young as thirteen-years-old.

Comment

Oh my gosh! Really horrible...

Comment

Yes this is really horrible, but let's not forget that there are SO MANY other young people over there who do not disclose to their partners that they are HIV+. Judging from this point of view, it seems that even this person's crimes are induced by the society itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X