Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AOS after marriage - work permit/driver"s license?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS after marriage - work permit/driver"s license?

I would like to know if I will get a social security number immediately after filing for AOS as spouse of USC so I can work and get a driver"s license then. Or do I have to wait until the INS interview?Thanx for your help.

I would like to know if I will get a social security number immediately after filing for AOS as spouse of USC so I can work and get a driver"s license then. Or do I have to wait until the INS interview?Thanx for your help.

Comment

In order to get a SSN you nead to apply for an EAD. Usually you will get your EAD (work permit) within 90 days of applying, however it takes a bit longer than that. When you get your work permit you go to the social security office and complete an application, you will probably have to wait another 2-3 months for them to check with the INS that your papers are in order. I actually went into the social security office every week for one and one half months until they surrended. So in total it will take you about 5-6 months to get a SSN number.

Comment

Working...
      X