Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, advise!!!

Hello,

I am currently a student in Connecticut on an F-1 visa and I am graduating this December, considering to apply for Optional Practical Training and H-1 visa eventually. Last year, when I was 20 years of age, I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor for possessing marijuana (2 grams) in New York City, NY. The Court's decision was that the charge would be effective for one year and then it would be dropped with no penalties or community work whatsoever. I am not completely sure if this would disappear from my criminal record after the stipulated year, which already passed. My concern is what the possible effects on my eligibility for an H-1 visa and future residency would be.

Please, advise!

Sincerely,
    Tsikupen

Hello,

I am currently a student in Connecticut on an F-1 visa and I am graduating this December, considering to apply for Optional Practical Training and H-1 visa eventually. Last year, when I was 20 years of age, I was arrested and charged with misdemeanor for possessing marijuana (2 grams) in New York City, NY. The Court's decision was that the charge would be effective for one year and then it would be dropped with no penalties or community work whatsoever. I am not completely sure if this would disappear from my criminal record after the stipulated year, which already passed. My concern is what the possible effects on my eligibility for an H-1 visa and future residency would be.

Please, advise!

Sincerely,
    Tsikupen

Comment

Working...
    X