From K1 to K3, is it possible?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From K1 to K3, is it possible?

Hi, we filed our I129f for a K1 last May but ended up deciding to get married. After we did, my attorney wrote a letter to ammend the I129f to make it a K3. From the very little knowledge I have about the subject, I think that it is not possible, but the funny thin is that we just recieved an RFE for the K1 requesting a copy of our marriage certificate. So, is it possible to convert the K1 to K3 or why would they request the certificate for?

Hi, we filed our I129f for a K1 last May but ended up deciding to get married. After we did, my attorney wrote a letter to ammend the I129f to make it a K3. From the very little knowledge I have about the subject, I think that it is not possible, but the funny thin is that we just recieved an RFE for the K1 requesting a copy of our marriage certificate. So, is it possible to convert the K1 to K3 or why would they request the certificate for?

Comment

BCIS policy prohibits the change of an I-129F for K1 to an I-129F to K3. You have to withdraw the first petition and file a second petition. The RFE will be used to deny your fiancé-fiancé petition. If you are married, you are ineligible by definition. You can then file an I-130 and a spousal-fiancé petition.

But, BCIS sometimes does weird things. If they do swap your petition, post the details.

The Grand Poo-Bah
      Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

Working...
      X