Approved I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved I-130

In May of 1998 my husband was deported (he was here ilegally). He came back ilegally in June of 1998. I married him in September of 2000 and we began our AOS process in April of 2001 just before the cut-off date. In May of 2003 we had an interview with the INS for our I-130 and it was approved, but they re-instated my husband's deportation. He is now in Mexico and we are waiting for our interview date with the Consulate in Cuidad Juarez. Will it take a very long time for us to get this interview date since he was deported before? Any advice is appreciated.

In May of 1998 my husband was deported (he was here ilegally). He came back ilegally in June of 1998. I married him in September of 2000 and we began our AOS process in April of 2001 just before the cut-off date. In May of 2003 we had an interview with the INS for our I-130 and it was approved, but they re-instated my husband's deportation. He is now in Mexico and we are waiting for our interview date with the Consulate in Cuidad Juarez. Will it take a very long time for us to get this interview date since he was deported before? Any advice is appreciated.

Comment

Your husband is subject to a 20 year bar to being admitted to the united states. this is because he was deported and entered again illegally and was deported again.

Comment

Guest's suggestion of a 20 yr. barr of inadmissiability for your spouse sounds about right (entering without permission post removal).

The only thing I could think about would be a waiver of inadmissiability. Consult an attorney

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Working...
          X