Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I have proble in future (for ex. trying get GC or visa H-1B) if now I fill in that I'm US citizen (I'm not) to get work (I have ID and SS card - legall) ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I have proble in future (for ex. trying get GC or visa H-1B) if now I fill in that I'm US citizen (I'm not) to get work (I have ID and SS card - legall) ???

I found work - but they just ask if I have some ID and SS card ( I have this all NON fake) - but I don't have permit to work in USA - I'm on visitor visa - and my problem is if in future it can be problem to try get new visa (like H-1B) or Green Card ? Is it possible that if I sign this (that I'm US citizen) then I maight not get this visa or GC ?

and second question - how much is that possible that INS check one of this place ?? ( it is national company)

thank You

I found work - but they just ask if I have some ID and SS card ( I have this all NON fake) - but I don't have permit to work in USA - I'm on visitor visa - and my problem is if in future it can be problem to try get new visa (like H-1B) or Green Card ? Is it possible that if I sign this (that I'm US citizen) then I maight not get this visa or GC ?

and second question - how much is that possible that INS check one of this place ?? ( it is national company)

thank You

Comment

Falsely claiming to be a citizen will most definitely cause you a great deal of trouble in the future. You'd be breaking the law. Please try to find a way to get work without doing it this way. What about an EAD? With a valid SSN you should be able to get one, I think. Anyway, if you do this, you're ruining future chances of a GC or citizenship.

Comment

"What about an EAD? With a valid SSN you should be able to get one."

what is it EAD ? I don't have idea at this

I've got my SS# cause I was on J1 visa (now it is only visitor).

and now I'm worry if I shoudl do this?

thanks for help

Comment

Why do you want to commit fraud in order to work? What lies did you tell the embassy to get your tourist visa? (you must not have a job since you are trying to work illegally in the US).
          Why should anyone give a *hit what fraud you perpetrate?
          Lying and stating you are a US citizen is NOT the proper way to do things. Of course there are many people who post on this site who don't seem to understand this concept.

Comment

EAD won't help you in this case since your visa is not one that will allow employment in the US.
            If you continue with your plan and INS caught you (they can cross reference your SSN with other agency, especially since you will be paying tax), you might face deportation without any plea. Will it happen ? Perhaps, perhaps not.
            If INS didn't caught you, you might escape the radar screen, until the time you want to legalize your presence here. By that time, you will have a hard time getting anything across the INS extensive checklist and will probably be deported.

Comment

well - thank U for Your answer - interesting is this how many people work here iligall with fake SS#, GC, and other things and they don't have any problems!

"What lies did you tell the embassy to get your tourist visa? (you must not have a job since you are trying to work illegally in the US)."

I've got my SS# cause I could work on J1 visa - but now it is only visitor visa - explain: I didn't have to say any LIES! Besides USA is not tolerant for homosexuals and it was only one way for now to change status visa and stay here longer with boyfriend !!!! But I would like work here too - and that's reason why I ask for something like this! I didn't fill in this form yet - and I have still time to get decision - now I see that's not good idea if I would like get in future GC or worker visa (H-1B).

thanks one more time

Comment

Something to remember:
                Claiming to be a US citizen when you are not is an illegal act which cannot, under any circumstances, EVER be overcome or explained away. If you have any plans to stay here permanently in the future, don't claim US citizenship. For example, there have been reports in the news of people who grew up thinking they were citizens, so they voted or tried to get a passport so they could go on a trip, and what happens? They get deported, because mommy and daddy were afraid to tell them the truth. Sad, but the INS can be that cruel.

Comment

Claiming false US citizenship and working without authorization are the most serious and the second most serious immigration violations. If you have a large company willing to hire you, they can sponsor you for H-1. Most of the illegals here are not by choice, doesn't look like you are that worse off given you were on J-1.

You can be caught easily, because you have to fill out an I-9 form upon your hiring. Don't take chances because your chance is not good.

Comment

don't claim citizenship, if you are caught they might just let you off on a ten year bar as you were doing so just for work purposes, but it is just as likely especially in today's political climate that acting as if you were a citizen could have you barred from the USA for life, with no chance for a waiver.

ANYTHING is better than that!!!!

Comment

ok guys - thanx for explain me this all things and dangerous with this.

I have last question - how is it that so many people live here since 8-10-12 years.. they are iligall - but they have job, they can buy home, car, pay tax.. and don't have so far problems ? What they R using - what kind papers ? I know that I'm not the first who has this problem and I know that many people try this... I have still cahnce cause I did not fill in this form, that I'm US citizen.

I will try find some other chance - maybe student visa, maybe I will still looking for sponsor worker (but I don't belive more, that is possible - so far I wait almost 7 months and I can't find any sponsor worker).

thanks for good tips

Comment

It is pretty tough to get an employer to sponsor you, unless you have a Master's degree and some good years of experience in your field. But it may pretty easy to get an employer, who is a relative or a very good friend of yours, to sponsor you - do you have one? So basically you may pretty much be jerked around by employers without being able to get an H-1B visa; case in which your only option is to use the EAD you have thanks to your previous J-1 visa status to look for work (in case it has not yet expired.)

You are right, many many illegals work, buy houses, cars, etc. Working illegally is not such a terrible offense for the INS, although they may not like to hear this very fact from you when you go to an interview with them. So, in essence, many illegal aliens work either via their previous regular EADs, which may have expired by now, but which the employer did not bother to check afterwards, or more blatantly via fake SSN and DLs. In fact, many employers don't even bother to complete I-9 forms, although more serious companies do it. And FYI: claiming you are an U.S. citizenziship/nationality on the I-9 Form is NOT a claim to being an U.S. citizen, because the question there is phrased whether you are "an USC or national" -- it may look like ther's no difference, but courts have ruled that the lie does not amount to a crime involving moral turpitude, the most dangerous to prevent one from obtaining GC.

Bottom line: there are certain risks involved in working illegally for a company. First, it is the I-9 paper trail that may get evaluated by the INS - although chances are 1 in 1,000,000. Second, it may happen that the IRS and SSA may match taxes and SS records filed by your employer (and you), and each one of these two agencies may figure out you're an alien not authorized to work via the SS# the SSA has issued you -- yet, the probabilities that they'll figure out and you'll be reported to INS are again very low. Third, one may need to be careful becuase sometimes it has happened that the INS is made aware that an illegal alien has been working illegally from co-nationals of this very alien. There are definitely miserable and envious people out there who may report an illegal (some of them do it for the hell of it.) Yet, this illegal alien does not need to think that the INS will necessarily initiate action against such a reported alien -- unless there are aggravating factors which would necessitate the deportion of the illegal alien. In fact, it would be pretty tough for the INS to begin to deport each of the 6,000,000 illegal aliens, most of which are working illegally in the U.S.

The issue still stands to be resolved, though -- even if you'd work illegally for some time. Most of the people in your situation have found an American woman and gotten the green card this way.

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=3376066961

Because you're saying you're gay, the problem is more complicated. Though not unsolveable...

http://www.nyc24.com/2001/issue01/story01/page1.html

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...251#5256068251

Good Luck!

Comment

"It is pretty tough to get an employer to sponsor you, unless you have a Master's degree and some good years of experience in your field"

I'M COMPUTER ENGINEER - BUT AFTER 7 MONTHS LOOKING FOR SPONSOR WORKER I GIVE UP. I JUST END MY STUDIES (NO EXPIRIENCES)

"But it may pretty easy to get an employer, who is a relative or a very good friend of yours, to sponsor you - do you have one?

I HAVE HERE ONLY MY BOYFRIEND - BUT HE CAN'T SPONSOR ME CAUSE HE DOSEN'T HAVE HIS OWN COMPANY.

"case in which your only option is to use the EAD you have thanks to your previous J-1 visa status to look for work (in case it has not yet expired.)"

I CAN'T USE THIS, CAUSE IT IS EXPIRED - I WORKED FOR ONE OF HOTEL COMPANY IN USA (INTERNATIONAL COMPANY), BUT THEY KNEW (HUMAN RES.) THAT MY VISA (J1) IS EXPIRED NOW AND I HAVE TO QUIT ON LAST DAY PERMIT. I HAVE STILL IAP - 66 BUT IT IS NOT VAILD LONGER. I DON'T HAVE FAKE SS# - CAUSE WHEN I STARTED WORK I HAD TO GET SS CARD - THERE IS WRITE - PERMIT TO WORK ONLY WITH INS AUTHORIZATION! BUT IT IS NOT FAKE. ALSO I HAVE DRIVERS LICENSE.

I DIDN'T FILL IN ANY FORMS - I DON'T WORK! I WOULD LIKE, BUT NOT ONLY FOR EARN MONEY AND GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY !!! - I REALLY WOULD LIKE LIVE HERE, STAY WITH MY BOYFRIEND (THATS TRUTH LOVE!!!) AND WHAT IS THE MOST IMMPORTANT I FALL IN LOVE WITH USA MAYBE IT IS FUNNY - BUT HERE I FEEL SO GOOD EVEN WITH THIS WHO I AM! IN MY COUNTRY IS NOT SO EASY (BUT IT IS DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY), BUT THERE I CAN'T SAY THAT I'M GAY - CAUSE PEOPLE ARE OLD FASION AND THEY ARE NOT UNDERSTAND THAT ON WORLD ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO LOVE THE SAME!EVEN FAMILY(THEY DON'T KNOW AT ME)

MY BOYFRIEND DOSEN'T KNOW HOW HE CAN HELP ME!
                          HE IS MY SPONSOR NOW ON MY VISITOR VISA - BUT THAT'S ALL WHAT HE CAN DO FOR ME NOW.

I HAVE STILL FEW OPTIONS LIKE TRYING GET NEW STATUS - MAYBE F1 - OR FIND SPONSOR WORKER (H-1B) - BUT FROM SECOND SITE IT WILL BE SECOND TIME WHEN I'M TRYING CHANGE MY STATUS AND I DON'T THINK SO, THAT INS WOULD LIKE DO THIS FOR ME, AND OF COURSE I CAN'T SAY INS THAT I WANT STAY HERE LONGER CAUSE I HAVE BOYF. HERE.!!!

I REALLY WOULD LIKE DO EVERYTHING TO STAY HERE LIGALLY BUT LAW IS BEFOR ME AND I CAN'T TO DO TO MUCH.

THANK U FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Comment

At least you have a person whom you can be with, others may be all alone! So, if you really are happy here, by all means stay, even if it may mean some sacrifices in the meantime! Good Luck!

Comment

it's been explained to you ad infinitum, but I wanted to add that false claim to U.S. citizenship is considered a felony (any felony for federal purposes is an aggravated felony). And indeed, 100's of non-citizens who were adopted as infants by U.S. citizen parents and falsely believing that they were U.S. citizens (and having received voting invitations, or jury selections, thinking that they were being good citizens by participating) were put into removal proceedings later on (most of them received pardons then they could prove that it was truly an innocent mistake). You wouldn't be able to claim that innocence ever.

There is a saying that goes like "lies have short legs..." you may get away with it here and there, but it will catch up with you someday.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X