B1 visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 visa

The last time I came to the US on my B1 visa I was subjected to secondary inspection, which was not a very pleasant experience (I had traveled earlier times on the same visa with no problem). After the secondary inspection they let me in for my specified duration. I am planning to travel again to the U.S. My question is, that the fact I was sent for this special inspection the previous time, is it likely I will have to endure this again?

The last time I came to the US on my B1 visa I was subjected to secondary inspection, which was not a very pleasant experience (I had traveled earlier times on the same visa with no problem). After the secondary inspection they let me in for my specified duration. I am planning to travel again to the U.S. My question is, that the fact I was sent for this special inspection the previous time, is it likely I will have to endure this again?

Comment

I have friends who also go to the secondary inspection. This depends on the duration of your stay and how often you visit. B1 is Business Visa right? it you have a guaranteed return ticket and also some proof of your business visit, they will ask you less questions. Friend of mine who visits here a lot had a secondary inspection once, after that she is fine, since she is only asking for 3 months and visiting grandchildren and also had a confirmed return ticket.
      And I hear you, she said it was very unpleasant.

Hope this helps

Comment

There should be no problem. Many people are subjected to secondary inspection, in fact INS does that for each and every person they have the SLIGHTEST suspicion s/he might have had something to hide. Not really a problem I think.

Comment

Last year when I came in I was subjected to secondary inspection too. Before the inspection the officer told me that our conversation is being video taped. I came again this time and there was no problem at all. So I guess it is not a big deal to go through this. On a side note I was wondering if they keep for all eternity the video they taped when I was inspected ?

Comment

Working...
          X