Traveling to Spain on Green Card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling to Spain on Green Card

My friends mom want to travel to Spain to see her sister, she is a permanent resident for over 15 years, Does she need a travel document?

My friends mom want to travel to Spain to see her sister, she is a permanent resident for over 15 years, Does she need a travel document?

Comment

No! Tell her to have a good time in Spain.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

The permanent resident card acts as the travel documents. MAKE SURE IT IS NOT EXPIRED!

Comment

And don't stay out of the country for more than 6 months unless she wants a visit to secondary inspection when she comes back in.
          "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

If she intends to stay out of the country for over a year, she would need to apply for a re-entry permit. For short visits, nothing is required, but as Brit said, sometime an absence of 6 months or more can raise a flag and require a viit to secondary.
            The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Posts: 2165 | Registered: 04-08-2006 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
              Since she is not an American citizen she may need a visa which requires a visit to the Spanish embassy. Please check if this is a requirement.

Comment

Might want to have a passport as well.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
                  Might want to have a passport as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was about to say the same thing. A greencard doesn't replace a passport.
                  "A candle loses absolutely nothing by lighting another candle"

Comment

Working...
                  X