need help!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help!!!!

can any one who has experince tell me for the F2B category how long it should take to have my date current since it is now feb 94 and i'm sep 95?

can any one who has experince tell me for the F2B category how long it should take to have my date current since it is now feb 94 and i'm sep 95?

Comment

You need the date to move by 17 months. In the last 17 months the date has moved by 8 months. If we were to extrapolate from that, it will take at least 3 years.

If your filing parent may become a USC, you can convert to F3 category.

Comment

Sorry, I meant F1 category and that means you will get the visa ASAP.

Good Luck

Comment

No, F1 is for USC's minor children (under age of 21). Since he is filing for F2B (LPR's adult children) we can assume that he's already over 21. So President's first post was correct - he'll be converted to F3 if his parent becomes a USC.

Comment

i think 3 years is too much ,and for the moving in 2001 it was rare case that stopped for long time and now it is going fine moving month by monht,and i think for the new law CSPA will help getting more visa numbers available,if it is like what you say 3 years my case will be more than 11 years which is unbeliveable and not as estimated when check the histroy for F2B cases,i'm right?

Comment

I think you can sort of estimate how long it usually takes by looking at the current priority date and see how long it takes those people. For example for this month the priority date for F2B is Feb/1994. It's now Oct/2002, so for those who filed in Feb, 1994, they've waited 8.5 years. Sometimes the priority date moves fast and sometimes slowly, but this serves as an average for the past years and will give you a general idea of how long you expect to wait.

Comment

yes you are right and this is what i expected it to come to me within year and half since i will be 8 years and half after one and half year to be applied,so this is what i'm thinking of i'm right?

Comment

I am sorry that I made a mistake on my previous post. Yes he'll be converted to F1 (unmarried over-aged child) category. However, I am not sure that he'll be able to get a visa right away, should that happen. Is the priority date retained without having to file a new petition?

Comment

Yes I think so. Last year everything moved very slowly.. I think it had to do with the 245i.. but in general they should move month-by-month.

Comment

if u notice during last 4 months movement it was month by month and in august they moved more than month,now i think there will be more visa available because of new law CSPA since more people will move to F1 or F3 ,so it should be going as expected

Comment

Hi,
                        Now I see President's point under the new CSPA law. Yes the priority date will be retained. Hey, why don't your parents naturalize to be citizen? They've held green card for more than 5 years, right? If they become citizens, then you'll be able to get a visa right away! (since the current priority date for 1st pref is 99)

Comment

my parents can't get usc since they are very old age and they are not that good in english lanague and can't stay in states for long time

Comment

i have small question here if parents stay more than one year out side states does this not allow me to process my case and got the visa ?

Comment

Hi "need help"

My priority date is june 94 and I'm starting to receive letters and documentations from NVC and INS... don't worry, things come to you when the have to...

About your parents, they may become citizen even if they are old, don't speak english or have any disability. My mom is in that situation and she has her appointment for the fingerprints.

Hopefuly we will complete the process as it is before she becomes citizen but if not, then we still have the option mentioned on this board.

I really recommend you to ask your parents to try it, look for some advice on their specific case.

Good luck....

Comment

Working...
                              X