•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaziz832
    replied
    Need help....

I just received an ema notification that my husbands I -485 and I - 601 was denied I am still waiting for the letter to come int he mail to see why it was denied. I am extremely frustrated and disappointed.

What's the next step?
    What happens next?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    exactly..... that's why we took the chance of doing it ourselves...and save what we have just in case he has to leave the country.....but yeah it's rediculous.....but thanks 2 mohan for the help...he definitely took some loads off of my shoulders...thanks again..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    $6,000 -- $10,000 to pay an attorney?

Helloooooo?

Are you out of your miiiiiiiinds???????

Don't you know that most of the time all that these lawyers do is just fill out applications?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    thanks spouse....good luck on your application too..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan,

Thanks so much for the info, all is still "well" with our application I think. I truly apologize for not responding to your e-mail, but, truthfully, I haven't received one.

My e-mail address for this board is changetheinslaws@yahoo.com

I have another one that I use with greater frequency, but I am afraid I haven't gotten anything there either.

Which e-mail did you use??

Faith, thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I am sure that the denial was due to inadequate filing and that this time things will go much better for you.

My prayers are with you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan....gosh your amazing...thank you for helping us...what would we do without you????

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Faith.... You should have Faith...LOL... it will approve.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    spouse- we filed for I-601 in August but we got the denial letter saying that it got denied bcus my hubbie failed to prove extreme hardship towards me and da the kids if he would have to go back...

***whoever asked how he got caught the first ...well this lady told the ins about him... we werent married, i was just a u.s national...so i couldnt do anything then

mohan is right its not only hardship, there's more they look at....past history in the u.s...well my hubbie only overstayed a visa waiver...2 yrs and 3 months...he's automatically triggered the 10 year ban..

anyway, let's just hope this one gets approved...

good luck every1 don't loose hope..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan, can you please reply to my post http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=6346019591 from 3 days ago.
    My parents are US citizen and im overstayed my visa.
    Im returning to my home country this year and we dont know what we need to file in US ambassy there?
    Will they ban me for 10 years or there is possibility to file some waiver ?
    thanx in advance

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Spouse,
    I don,t want to be too nosy. but I ask somthing before from you in your email,but never got replied back ! any way No 3) There are statements which have negative impact. For example; ALien spouse was in the country and stayed here some years, and he never worked, did not get find a job, (legal ot illigal).he is basically live off the USC, and have burdon on USC and if Alien mentioned that in the supplement with the excuse that he was not allowed to work thats has negative impect. Service will look for another contribution towards famlity. IF the alien not even increase his/her knowledge in the meantime then, its straight forward denial. IF the background of the USC and Alien is the same, it is expected to know the native language of aliens country and USC can be relocated in the aliens country where its easy for him to find job and spouse can live in his country with the fact that Alien has his family tie in his native country. USc can still argue his family tie in the US which leads to depression and psychological trauma. But its better not to mention about his whole situation about his job history while in USA.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mohan are you able to explain number three any better? I am slightly confused on that. I actually think that our written statements will help us, in that they show the personal side, our lives and the beginning part of our relationship...

I would appreciate any additional info.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    main reasons for denial of this waiver is;

1) Waiver is not written professionally, lot of lawyers they just fill the forms and write a generic supplement of brief which is not enough to pardon the INS offence.
    2) there is not enough supporting evidence, what the alien claim of extreme hardship.
    3) There are negative impect of the statement written on the waiver, which always have negative impect. After concluding the waiver INS just send the letter saying that alien prove hardship but its not qualify for extreme hardship.
    4) Alien has to prove hardship to USC/LPR. but sometimes mentioning aliens own situations leads to denial.
    5) prior record in United states (alien's stay in the US) and aliens direct or indirect support to the aliens also counted towards waiver. Example; if the alien was never worked while in US or didnot support his spouse/childern ( called knowlegde gained) in any way ,leads to hardship but not extreme hardship.
    6) Sometimes AOS is not approvable and Alien is ineligible for waiver but alien still file for waiver.

These are the main points for waiver which can conver the extreme hardship to only hardship.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i just can not understand an thing.
    If he is your husband and has baby with you what INS ask more?
    This is not enough for hardship?

You said he was overstayed but he was granted voluntary departure.
    How they (ins) found him?
    Many people come to US and overstay their visas and nothing s happen to them

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I will write to generic reasons for dinal of waiver in my next reply.GTG.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I am just so scared that what we have presented will be read as not enough hardship - I don't know how to document the borderline insanity that I feel everyday and the complete stress of having to decide between my life and my husband... because no matter what they think, it is extreme hardship that I am experiencing.

I wish there were clear guidelines about what is considered hardship vs. extreme hardship, so I would at least know for sure whether applying for residency in Canada would be in my best interest.

Oh well thanks for the support and best of luck to you!

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation