Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this board an immigration message board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this board an immigration message board?

The board is definitely anti-USC
    0%
    The board is definitely pro-alien
    0%
    The board is neutral
    0%
    The board is a place for aliens to lament
    0%
    The board is a place for USCs to lament
    0%

Comment

None of those choices seem to fit my opinion about this board. I've never really had a strong idea that this board was anti this or pro that. It goes back and forth according to who is doing the most posting at the time. I've learned a lot from reading the postings here, however I think the only people getting ANY benefit from yours and Aguila's arguing is the two of you. Frankly I don't see how either one of you is getting any benefit. Aguila is not going to give any more personal information and he doesn't have to. His case has been debated to the point that the bones are picked clean and it always turns to HIS case whenever the two of you start debating. It seems that in the past the two of you would go back and forth, bantering on issues. It seems to have gone way past that. It also seems that neither of you can just walk away from it. You're the type of people that would destroy each other, given the chance. You'd drive each other NUTS. I say, call it a draw.

Comment

For the record I am a USC, I guess I'm included in the "all of you".

Comment

and since i posted this poll, i am recusing myself...so i am not voting

Comment

Well if you want to count the posting and the regular poster, I would imagine this board has a pro-alien flavor to it. Besides, the majority of people that posted usually are alien that have some immigration related question, and people that are willing to take time and answer those question are people that generally in support with them.
            (discounting the childish insulting posts that some anti-alien folks have a habit to make).

Comment

Hi swiss,

I can't believe that person like you might post something like this as I always have great deal of respect for you.... Yes today I missed all those debates but I can understand, lot of other peoples' opinion were differing from you ... that doesn't mean this board is some sort of anti – USC board...

First of all USCs don't have any personal immigration problem as they are citizen of this country ... so obviously more posters will be aliens not only on this site but any board related to immigration ... USCs who visit website ... either they want to help people, or seek help for their alien relatives / friends ....

But this board has never been an anti-USC .... Coz you got very good advices in past with all kind of emotional support and what should be done so you can prevent further loss from your husband .... from USCs and aliens as well .... Just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean they offend USC .... Coz lot of USCs also don't agree with you ... its not like just aliens have hard time with you... people sometimes lose their patience and then.... By the way I have always listened to you and respected YOU and your idea and taken part in debate with all manners and respect towards you ....

Aliens come on this board to seek some positive guidance ... that can be helpful in their condition.... Like I said a dying person will try anything to survive ... lot of people (USC) just come on this board to p i s s aliens o f f ... I have helped even Michael 2-3 times ....and always been nice with him ... so its not like this board is anti – USC...

I m sure you muse have posted this poll out of frustration but nothing else... coz the way I know you from our debate ... u would never do such thing.... Coz u r really mature and this thing is childish....... Pasha

Comment

Pasha:

Although I do get somehwat frustrated at times, when I am unable to make my point clear, I always recognize that there are two sides to each issue, and therefore, when there are some who disagree I recognize that they are entitled to their own opinions.

However, Pasha, I don't believe this post is childish at all...it is a valid observation...and the reason I stated that is because, just as you say, most people on the board are aliens with valid immigration concerns, but contrary to what you wrote, USCs have valid immigration concerns too.

For example, you suggested, and kindly so, that you were hoepful that I could prevent further loss from my spouse, but the essence of my participation on this board was to not only mitigate my losses (financial) but also to enlighten people to the fact that such abuse of the immigration system does exist..and this hurts everyone's chances for immigration.

Were my only concern to be oriented along the lines of pecuniary loss, I could have participatd on a divorce forum. The fact is that even the USCIS have not yet put into place measures to prevent persons from doing what my husband did in order to circumvent the system, nor perhaps is USCIS aware that such manipulation is occuring.

You may say, well what does that matter? Well, in actual fact, were USCIS fully aware of the cracks in the system, then they could focus their attempts on that and let all the law abiding petitioners have a smooth ride.

Comment

Hey Swiss,

Starting to get the feeling your opinion is in the minority? This forum is by no means anti-USC. It might be anti-Swiss but you brought it upon yourself.

I agree with Still, marmaduk, and Pasha.

And, yes, I too am a USC.

Comment

anti-Swiss is OK with me...I just object to anti-USC

Comment

Swiss,

Actually if you think over your reply deeply ... u r telling exactly somewhat I told ... now give me point by point reasons why do you find this board anti-USC ...

Comment

Pasha:

I'd be glad to..
                        1. alien (shall remain nameless, but you know who I am referring to) makes a personal interpretation of one part of USCIS law and says he believes they will look at him more leniently due to his circumstances (personal interpretation only and speculation). Alien considers himself expert. Alien is applauded as being such
                        2. USC makes an personal interpretation of some issue which is not detailed in USCIS law..response is that the USC ia a pseudolawyer and is misguiding aliens.
                        3. Alien posts information regarding a potential waiver claim, and states that he wishes to scratch his USC wife for what she has done. Alien gets support and no one states that tit-for-tat is not a good things
                        4. USC posts information asking for advise on how to remove a petition after learning that alien has deceived, USC is criticized for being vengeful and spiteful.

I could go on, but it doesn't matter, cuz this is a personal issue, but I posted cuz you asked.

Comment

Swiss,

Based on point 2, the implication is that I am pro-alien and anti-USC since I am the person that used the term "pseudolawyer". Just because I disagree with you and you happen to be a USC does not make me anti-USC. Why would I be? I am a USC. This makes no sense. I also disagree with Michael. Is that more proof that I'm anti-USC? I disagreed with JohnDoe too - he's not a USC so does that now make me anti-alien. Give me a break.

Comment

swissnut:

Why don't you call up my nickname here? instead of cowardly mention facts of my personal situation discussed here? Don't get jealous they all like you too! what happens is that sometimes you post bad information, copy setions of the law that do not apply to the alien's situation, etc etc...

Answering your points:

[1] I do interpret the law sometimes by just reading plain English and that is accesable to anybody to read through the USCIS website. I never stated that USCIS will look at my case more leniently, instead I said I would fight till the end.

[2] I never made an interpretation of something that is not detailed in USCIS law, however USCIS law relies on 'experts in the field' and I have talk to those 'expertes in the field' and base upon their 25 years of experience plus phd's and master's have told me that in order to qualify for mental cruelty alien must be diagnosed by some of the points included in DSM-IV...

[3] I and many others have criticized you for being vengeful and spiteful because that is what you have transmitted in this board and others, when you started posting 'how to request a second interview' that was in this board and then 'husband did not have bona fide intent' in both boards and by many members it was suggested to you to move on. People have judged you upon their values, including myself because in my value system I will never act like you did, because if you ever loved your husband then you must act upon that, so how could you ever harm someone that you loved or still loving, and it doesn't matter how bad he hurt you, in life you never paid with the same coin, but that is just me...but I know many others here share this way of seeing things.

Comment

Yes swiss,

Your last paragraph is correct ...these are personal issues ... other than that ...I will not make discussion here longer but all points if you just see another posts ... they all go vise versa be it alien or USC ... I will not give any example as that might hurt some people over this board ... but its ok don't worry... you have a right to express your opinion and everybody else has the same right to believe or think the way they want ... so no hard feelings or discussion.... Have a good day...Pasha

Comment

Working...
                              X