Job Offers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Offers

I got a new job in this recession and was offered another . I am shocked but so happy.
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

I got a new job in this recession and was offered another . I am shocked but so happy.
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

Comment

I am very happy for you. My son, 20, is looking for something to supplement college cost. It's not easy here in NJ. None of the summer-job or even seasonal opportunities from last year are no longer.

It's not fun. He is very depressed about not being able to find anything. I guess the recession is even more prevalent in the lower paying sectors.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
        I am very happy for you. My son, 20, is looking for something to supplement college cost. It's not easy here in NJ. None of the summer-job or even seasonal opportunities from last year are no longer.

It's not fun. He is very depressed about not being able to find anything. I guess the recession is even more prevalent in the lower paying sectors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's still in college so can't apply for professional jobs in his field. What can he do ? What kind of jobs does he look for? Being depressed won't solve any problem. Doing what he can may.
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Deport all of the illegal aliens, and college kids will easily be able to find work...as will lower-skilled and less-educated American adults.

Maybe then, going to McDonald's will no longer feel like a quick trip to the third-world, and you can leave your passport at home (plus, you'll be able to order in English and be understood...and your order will be correct)!

Comment

Support DREAM Act. It's on its way to victory!

Comment

Congratulations Mary

Hope you will have a great time at your new job. Congratulations once again.
              <hr />
              watch tv shows || watch tv shows online

Comment

The Bad-Dream Act has NO chance of passing!

Comment

That you don't want DREAM Act to have a chance to pass, and its real-time chances of passing are two different matters. I'm talking about the latter.

Comment

...you're delusional!

Comment

... you're un-American!

Comment

No! It's un-American to condone breaking the law, and giving benefits to those who have done so.

Comment

But it's delusional to think that the problem will dissipate in thin air if the problem is ignored, one that was allowed to happen in the first place until reaching its crisis proportion, and let the outdated immigration system take its due course. Yes, it's un-American to let this problem go on and on and do nothing to at least solve it, much less, address it head-on.

Comment

Harvard student says he faces deportation from US
                            By RUSSELL CONTRERAS - Associated Press Writer
                            6/11/10

BOSTON — An undocumented Harvard University student is facing deportation to Mexico after being detained by immigration authorities at a Texas airport, the student said Friday.

Eric Balderas, 19, who just completed his first year at Harvard, said he was detained Monday by immigration authorities when he tried to board a plane from his hometown of San Antonio to Boston using a consulate card from Mexico and his student ID.

"I'd made it through before so I thought this time wouldn't be any different," Balderas said Friday in a phone interview with The Associated Press. "But once ICE picked me up I really didn't know what to think and I was starting to break down

Read more:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/...d-student-faces.html

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Harvard student says he faces deportation from US
                              By RUSSELL CONTRERAS - Associated Press Writer
                              6/11/10 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another reason why the DREAM Act needs to pass. Make the parents pay for their mistake yes, but don't do the same to the kids who in many cases never had a say in what happened. At 4yrs old you are expected to know right from wrong and tell your parents no, I won't cross the border because it's illegal? Come on all you wingnuts out there - get real!

PS: Good stuff Mary! Congratulations.
                              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
                              X