X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b unrelated Bachelors, related Masters

Hello,
    I have a question regarding qualifying for "specialty occupation"
    My company is sponsoring an H1b for me this April '09. I am working as a 'Data/Web Analyst' for an e-commerce company and they are paying me higher than the prevailing wage.

I have a BA and an MS in Information Systems (both from a major US University). The company is a dotcom and does not require the 'Data Analyst' to have a degree in Computer Science. They require the candidate to have a 4-year degree, relevant SQL/Excel and Datawarehouse experience(which I do) and for the candidate to learn quickly.
    So my question is, can we use the 'Computer Systems Analyst' occupation code and have a bachelors in a non-CS discipline and masters in Computer Information Systems?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello,
    My company is sponsoring an H1b for me this April '09. I am working as a 'Data/Web Analyst' for an e-commerce company and they are paying me higher than the prevailing wage.

I have a BA and an MS in Information Systems (both from a major US University). The company is a dotcom and does not require the 'Data Analyst' to have a degree in Computer Science. They require the candidate to have a 4-year degree, relevant SQL/Excel and Datawarehouse experience(which I do) and for the candidate to learn quickly.
    So my question is, can we use the 'Computer Systems Analyst' occupation code and have a bachelors in a non-CS discipline and masters in Computer Information Systems?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmukherj:
      Hello,

Any feedback would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the name of the company that is hiring you?
      If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans

Democrats - Brave enough to KILL our unborn, just NOT our ENEMIES!

Comment

What is the name of the company that is hiring you?[/QUOTE]

I do not want to disclose that because I do not see the relevance. It is a major publicly traded internet company not covered by TARP. They only have 2-3 other H1b workers.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rmukherj:
          Hello,

Any feedback would be appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          "030 Occupations In Systems Analysis And Programming" is probably the closest fit for a DBA position, however I would have the company contact the Department of Labor for specifics as "039 Other Computer-Related Occupations" could fit the bill as well.

Good Luck!
          --------------------
          "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
          X