Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which is faster?

hi there,
    I am new to the boards and am hoping to get some advice.
    i am a singaporean and my fiance a US citizen. We have been travelling up and down to visit each other throughout our 2.5yrs relationship. We have decided we want to marry and have me move to the US. Because we want to have the church wedding ceremony in Singapore we decided that we would get married legally in Singapore and then file the i-130. My fiance resides in Georgia and that would make Texas our service center and we have heard that it takes the longest over there so now we're thinking of just doing the ceremony in Singapore, apply for the fiance visa and then marry legally in the US.

I'm wondering if that would be any faster or would there be no difference? does anyone know the rough estimation of length till i get approved to go over for both ways?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

hi there,
    I am new to the boards and am hoping to get some advice.
    i am a singaporean and my fiance a US citizen. We have been travelling up and down to visit each other throughout our 2.5yrs relationship. We have decided we want to marry and have me move to the US. Because we want to have the church wedding ceremony in Singapore we decided that we would get married legally in Singapore and then file the i-130. My fiance resides in Georgia and that would make Texas our service center and we have heard that it takes the longest over there so now we're thinking of just doing the ceremony in Singapore, apply for the fiance visa and then marry legally in the US.

I'm wondering if that would be any faster or would there be no difference? does anyone know the rough estimation of length till i get approved to go over for both ways?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

File for DCF while in Singapore. Best & fastest option. You would have the 1-130 adjudicated at the embassy level, and avoid all the US service centers delay.

Comment

hi Julie,
        what exactly is the DCF?

Comment

Direct Consular Filing. You and your bride go into the embassy with marriage certificate, adit photos, complete 1-130, and they call you for an interiview within 3 months. You will have automatic greencard when you get to USA. I believe someone else had went to do DCF in Singapore in Kuala Lumpor (if this isnt Singapore pls forgive I'm geographically illiterate). Generally if they accept the DCF filing this would be your best & fastest option.

Comment

Working...
          X