Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO SHOW to INS interview

Hi

What happend if someone doesnt show up for the INS interview ??

I-130, married to a citizen... applying for benefits w/work and travel...

Hi

What happend if someone doesnt show up for the INS interview ??

I-130, married to a citizen... applying for benefits w/work and travel...

Comment

Will probably be considered as abandonment of petition and the process will have to be repeated unless you have a valid reason for the no show.

Contact INS and see if you can reschedule.

Comment

That is not my case, tks for the advise anyway

what i ment to ask is if you need to go to the whole proccess again... i mean, filling forms and all that

now, til i know... after you apply, they send the CG and work permit
        what happen with them if you dont show up?
        would they cancell you GC and work permit?

Thank you

Comment

Marriage based? YOur GC will probably be the conditional one good for 2 years..you get it after the interview. You have to show up or they will consider it abandonment like xandtrick said and will probably start deportation proceedings.

Comment

AFTER the interview???

then, how do we supossed to show them we have join accts, and all that if he does NOT have a SSN !!!

He does have a bank acct (ITIN not SSN)
            How can we get a lease... without SSN for him?

what is the intreview about?

TKS

Comment

First you get the EAD...THEN the interview, then the green card.

It's a regular interview for them to see the originals of the papers you sent and the leases and stuff like that.

Comment

Whats EAD?

how long does usually takes between...
                After sending the paperwork to..

EAD?
                Interview?
                Green Card?

Comment

The EAD btw is only good for one year while they process the info.
                  The SSN your husband will get will say that he can only use it for work with the INS permission.

Then you guys will get an interview and then if all goes well he'll get a conditional green card good for 2 years.
                  After that you have to file to have those conditions removed and then he'll get his 10 year card.

Hope that helps

Comment

It does help... thanks !!!

What i wonder now is...

After you get that EAD (i guess is a SS card) he can work with...

Now... after he get that card, how long would we need to wait for the interview?

I mean, will we have enough time for him to find a job, get join bank accts and all that before the interview so we can show'em we ARE living together and we didnt get into marriage just for his GC

Oh, when he gets his EAD, will he also get an Alien number?? or how would he be applying for a job? as an alien? resident? citizen?

Thanks Marie, youre making our DAY !

Comment

Oh sorry, the EAD is the work permit.
                      Once he gets that card, go down to the Social security office and get his card. Once he gets his card he can get a job as a resident....he'll get an Alien number, he should already have one. Look on the receipt it's an A - number.

You may want to go to the bank and open an account. We opened one without a SSN, after I got it, we gave them my number. I showed my passport and that was it. I know some banks won't go for that probably but you can try.

Comment

Girl... your Good, not only on knowledge but in spirit also !

Can you please tell me how long after getting his EAD would we need to wait before the interview?

THANK YOU !

Comment

I've just been through it :P

Well I'm not sure, few years ago we waited about 4 months after the work permit for the interview, it's probably longer now. The interview was painless for us. They asked a few things, looked at our lease, car loan, pictures and that was it.

The important thing is to have all the paperwork filled our properly....if you forget to send something or fill it out wrong, it's going to take longer.

Have you filed already?

Comment

We havent filled nothing yet...

We are going to hire a lawyer www.visalawcenter.com

Thanks Marie

Comment

I got a question for you

What would it happen in that same case, if the USC is in another place?

I mean my wife and i arent living together right now, she had to go visit her mom cuz shes really sick.. thats is boston, i live in georgia.

we do love each-other, and all that.. right now im living with an old friend, almost family on his house... we were all living here til my mother in law got sick

Is there any way to postpone the interview without loosing any rights???

Lets say... for about 1 mo or so

Eliza, good luck...!

Comment

Working...
                              X