Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ways to Get permanent status(green card)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to Get permanent status(green card)

I wanted to inquire about the possible ways to get permanent status if one is from a country having civil war at the moment,but this person or family have substantial assett & are willing to invest in US if necessary for getting the documents.As we are already a family the marriage option is not possible.We were looking into the factor of lets say investing uptp $200,000 in a US bank.If we do this,can the immigration attorneys do their magic & work within the beaurocracy of the Immigration officers to get legalised.Which other we may have which I may not now.fill me in on it.
    grazia

I wanted to inquire about the possible ways to get permanent status if one is from a country having civil war at the moment,but this person or family have substantial assett & are willing to invest in US if necessary for getting the documents.As we are already a family the marriage option is not possible.We were looking into the factor of lets say investing uptp $200,000 in a US bank.If we do this,can the immigration attorneys do their magic & work within the beaurocracy of the Immigration officers to get legalised.Which other we may have which I may not now.fill me in on it.
    grazia

Comment

Having money with that amount is not a guarantee of any visa.If you want to have investor's visa for you and your family, it requires $ 1 million and in some exceptional cases $500,000 but this has to be approved by the county or city where you intent to have investment.This is normal as they don't want any "unusual" or illegal money.

Comment

People from specific countries may be allowed to apply for Asylum under certain circumstances. However, I think you will find that getting a Green Card is not an easy thing to do...

Comment

If you want to get out of the country for security reasons, and don't really mind where you end up there may be easier options than the US.
          Canada has a program where you "invest" around 400 thousand Canadian Dollars (around US$ 270,000), and you get some sort of permanent residence permit.
          By "invest" they mean lending one of the Provincial Governments that money for "x" number of years (4 or 5 I think, and then you get it back without having earned any interest).
          New Zealand, Australia, Costa Rica etc. etc. have investors Visas available.
          Again, I suggest this only if you are open with the options of countries, if you want only the US, there should be some info at www.ins.gov

Comment

Actually its important I live in US as already my kids are living there in college.I was looking into more like an investment visa probably in these states NJ,Ca,Seattle,NY,CT,Boston,MO,MI,Illinois,etc.
            Do the special I-360 SPECIAL IMMIGRANT visa apply to me as I am originally from a war country from africa & I reside in another country solely because I put my $50k in a bank.What about self sponsor visas or maybe investment ?

Comment

I-360 does apply in your case since you are not a former US employee or religious worker and besides I-360 is in the second stage of immigration ,neither the investment visa applies to you as this requires a lot of money to invest and would be beneficial to the community where you want to reside.

Comment

I've got a question to ask you Ben, I noticed you said you're African, I would like to know - are you a Nigerian ???????????

Comment

Working...
                X