Sammy/Umesh please help: Qualification to file N400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy/Umesh please help: Qualification to file N400

I adjusted status in boston from F1 to LPR on Jan 7 2002. Assuming I choose to remain married, when do I qualify to file the N400? When is the mail in the application and how log does it take to process?

I adjusted status in boston from F1 to LPR on Jan 7 2002. Assuming I choose to remain married, when do I qualify to file the N400? When is the mail in the application and how log does it take to process?

Comment

If you have received your GC by marrying a USC then you can apply for Naturalization 90 days prior to 3rd Anniversary of your date of AOS i.e. when your Passport was stamped for GC. Otherwise you have to wait till 5th Anniversary of AOS.
      Good luck.

Comment

Umesh, is it the same as 3 years from the date my g'card shows as the issue date, or is it the date that I was interviewed?

Comment

It is date when your passport was stamped for I-551 after interview which is called temporary GC stamp for one year. This date also appears on the GC. Ifyou will check it carefully, you will find that date also.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X