Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 Visa? Met Ukraine woman....Attorney? Cost?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Visa? Met Ukraine woman....Attorney? Cost?

I have been writing a woman in the Ukraine for some time and we recently met there. Now the lights are on and we are wanting to explore the marriage possibility. Getting a K1 visa is what I am wondering about. Is an attorney necessary and what is the usual and customary costs involved? Also how is there an average length of time to expect before the visa will be issued?

I have been writing a woman in the Ukraine for some time and we recently met there. Now the lights are on and we are wanting to explore the marriage possibility. Getting a K1 visa is what I am wondering about. Is an attorney necessary and what is the usual and customary costs involved? Also how is there an average length of time to expect before the visa will be issued?

Comment

IMO there is no need to hire a lawyer for filing the K1. A good attorney will charge you at least 1000$ + INS fees to file for you.

The witing period can range from 3 months to more than a year.

Comment

I am not sure that if I do the papers and submit them that an attorney could do it in a way that it would be quicker to be accepted. I want for my fiancé to be with me ASAP. Does it help to have juice with the officials or is it just a matter of having a very complete application? I have never been in this game before so I have no knowledge of the practices and policies. HELP!

Comment

I was in your exact position in June. A couple I found on the internet are very professional and do an excellent job preparing a complete fiance visa package for you. And believe me, their rates are far less than an immigration attorney. I thought about doing all the paper work myself and my fiance (from Tver,Russia) and I actually started the first few forms together. Well, Jake and Tatiana(the couple I am refering to) quickly pointed out some mistakes on those forms that would have cost me dearly - probably an extra 2 months of time. And I have heard from other people that a simple mistake or missing information can really cost you dearly in time. So I turned it all over to them. All they required from me was a few work sheets,photos,etc, with basic information. Then they organized all the information into a very neat package for me to sign. My visa was approved in exactly 30 days - no mistakes! I highly recommend them. You can go to their website:
          http://fiancee-visa-k1.net/
          Hopefully by the time you get your fiance visa approved by the INS, this whole nightmare of waiting for extra security clearance from the embassy will be solved. But thats another story. Good luck! Mike

Comment

Hello....
            I would like to tell you that obtaining a K-1 visa is NOT rocket science! High attention to detail is all that is required! No attorney will be able to get the process completed any fasterer than you can yourself! I have talked with several people who have used an attorney, and their process was actually delayed because he/she didn't pay attention to DETAIL! I will be happy to help you in anyway that I can! Feel free to email me: GrzlyBear8@yahoo.com . My rates are incredible! (nothing)
            Kent

Comment

I agree with Kent. I've done it TWICE before and approved without any requests for more info. It's just paying attention to detail and asking an online friend who has done it before to help you. An attorney is a waste of money for this part, they cannot make it go faster but could definitely make it go slower! Save your money for if a problem arises.

You can check out www.k1faq.com and all of the related links. Much helpful info out there, or e-mail me directly.

Comment

How did it go with Craig? Was he finally granted his K1 visa or is it still with the Investigations Unit?

Paudy

Comment

"fasterer".....lol@myself
                  ;-)
                  Kent

Comment

WOW!
                    You all are so nice to help me with this. I don't feel so alone and helpless in this task. I am currently in the process of accumulating the documents. Her birth certificate will be a challenge. I need her to send it to me I suppose?? Can it be a copy? I will be getting the forms started and then submit all with the $95 to the embassy in San Francisco. When will she need to go to Warsaw, Poland and what will she need to take with her?
                    Thanks
                    Daveo

Comment

Hello, Daveo!
                      Iam ukrainian girl & I came in USA on K-2 visa,(my mom got K-1),so I think I know about this satuation more than attorney. I'll be really glad to help you, how I can.
                      Could you, please, e-mail me dh@installnc.com & I will answer on your guestion.
                      Bye!!!

Comment

Well, the 'investigations' unit is really some lady who has now called all of his employers, has interviewed my 'ex' fiance, has visited Craig and his mother at home, has talked to ME on the phone for an hour and still no visa. I think they are getting ready to deny, but if they do I will be the only one I have ever heard of.

I can't sleep at night and this has got to end, good or bad but it's got to end.

Comment

Hello!
                          It's nice to see the help for me in this new endiviour I am in. It is comforting to know I have help from those who have experience. My fiance is worried and I am trying to calm her nerves.

Colleen I hope and pray that you are granted the visa soon. I know it can be frightful to think of not getting to marry the one you love. Hang in there.

I have some forms now and am filling out the information...

Ciao
                          Daveo

Comment

Hello Daveo!
                            Your fiance doesn't need to be nervous before she'll come in USA,cause it's much easier than paperwork after your marriage.
                            I really don't try to scare you, I just tell you the truth.
                            If youall love etchother, everything will be just fine!!!

Comment

Could you give me your e-mail address , please?
                              THANKS!

Comment

Working...
                              X