245(i)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 245(i)

someone i know of is out of status for more than 1 year. what are his options to legalize his status here? his employer wants to petition him but was told by his lawyer that since he is out of status that would be impossible. help!

someone i know of is out of status for more than 1 year. what are his options to legalize his status here? his employer wants to petition him but was told by his lawyer that since he is out of status that would be impossible. help!

Comment

You have to wait until they extend 245I.
      Otherwise your employer is not able to sponsor.

Comment

but do you think that if 245i gets extended it would cover those who have been only a year?

Comment

hi! i really need help regarding this matter. is it always a 5 year minimum overstay for amnesty? does anyone know of a website where i can check?

Comment

They will most likeley give a certain date and the people who wish to adjust will have to prove that they were in the United States on that day. At least, I believe that's what the last 245i was.

Comment

Folks, I heard it'll take a while until 245(i) will pass again. We've no other choice but wait and hope for the best.

Comment

"A while" may mean next year before the elections, at least that is the rumour currently... but have heard that only those married for USC or those with professions most sought after would be eligible... not ANY employer could sponsor immigrants under 245i...

Comment

Blueyes,
                  I do hope your right and something will happen before the elections.Where did you hear this info?
                  DOes anybody know whether they will change the dec.30/2000 date?In order to be eligible for 245(i)you had to be physically present in the US on or before this date.

Comment

Eli,
                    I heard this from several immigration lawyers, following couple of threads on this forum. Have also heard about some benefits for immigrants of Peruvian and Columbian origin that will also be on vote, but haven't inquire further...

Comment

PLS. LOOK TO THIS HOUSE RES. IF IT IS THE SOLUTION TO YOUR PROBLEM. HR 152 AND HR 85

Comment

Thanks JMJJ! So now things are clearer about the 2 amnesty proposals. Let's write to those local representatives...

Comment

Working...
                        X