Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturalization

CAn anyone help me with this?

I applied for citizenship last april but I got married the following month in another country. This coming month the INS scheduled me for an interview.

In my interview should I let them know that I got married?

Is the date of our marriage important? ( I ask this because we have date issue in our marriage contract)

Thanks........

CAn anyone help me with this?

I applied for citizenship last april but I got married the following month in another country. This coming month the INS scheduled me for an interview.

In my interview should I let them know that I got married?

Is the date of our marriage important? ( I ask this because we have date issue in our marriage contract)

Thanks........

Comment

you have to let INS know about your status, because your spouse's status changes immediatly with your marriage and it has implications on your naturalization. I know for a fact that then a LPR marries and then applies for naturalization, it takes way longer for that person to naturalize. You will be most definitly asked if during the interview what your marriage status is and if it is not in accordince with the one when you first applied it could delay things (hopefully it won't, but I know from friends that it may). Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X