X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEED HELP FOR GC

HI ALL...........
    PLEASE HELP ME
    I AM LIVING IN UNITED STATES FOR FIVE AND HALF YEARS. I AM GREENCARD HOLDER.......AND WAITING FOR OATH CALL.
    I GOT MARRIED IN DECEMBER 02..HERE IS MY QUESTION

SHOULD I FILE FOR MY SPOUSE (MY STATUS IS GC HOLDER) OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR MY CITIZENSHIP..?

PLEASE HELP ME

THANX

HI ALL...........
    PLEASE HELP ME
    I AM LIVING IN UNITED STATES FOR FIVE AND HALF YEARS. I AM GREENCARD HOLDER.......AND WAITING FOR OATH CALL.
    I GOT MARRIED IN DECEMBER 02..HERE IS MY QUESTION

SHOULD I FILE FOR MY SPOUSE (MY STATUS IS GC HOLDER) OR SHOULD I WAIT FOR MY CITIZENSHIP..?

PLEASE HELP ME

THANX

Comment

You can sponsor your husband now and when you will get your Naturalization Certificate then send a copy of the same to the INS to upgrade your application.

Comment

Umesh:

My friend, on this one I beg to differ. If love is only waiting for the oath, love should wait and file after the oath ceremony.

You see, I-130 for spouse is a 7 year affair. They will not even review the petition for 3-4 years. I have seen horror situations where people are trying to have their petitions upgraded after becoming USC.

Since the oath wait should not take long, it is better to be classified IR than to be a F2A.

Umesh, your own son's case is a prime example of the lethargy of the bureaucrats.

Comment

I beg to differ.I was just an LPR when I petition for my husband, we were told it will take him 5 years before we see each other. Few months later I took my oath as USC. From that time on I changed my status to USC and my husband came 3 months later. This is my experience so I guess it works, don't listen to people who just heard it from the grapevine, sometimes news are blown out of proportion.

Comment

File now. When you become a US citizen, the petition will automatically be bumped up to the immediate relative of US citizen category, which makes the visa available immediately. Just send a copy of the naturalization certificate in with the receipt from the I-130 petition you filed originally, along with the adjustment application. How long the green card process for your spouse takes depends on your local INS district office - some can do it in matter of a few months.

Comment

Working...
            X