Am I eligible to adjust my Status?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I eligible to adjust my Status?

I am here in the US, on a F1 visa, in status. My husband is here, a LPR. Can I adjust my status through him? I am not eligible for the V visa or anything like that yet. But, my husband moved here to live AFTER I came here, so now we no longer have a home abroad, because he moved here. So I am on F1, but cannot return 'home'. Does anyone know if BCIS would grant me an adjustment based on this, with proof of course ? Let me get your ideas guys and possible answers to this question. Thanks

I am here in the US, on a F1 visa, in status. My husband is here, a LPR. Can I adjust my status through him? I am not eligible for the V visa or anything like that yet. But, my husband moved here to live AFTER I came here, so now we no longer have a home abroad, because he moved here. So I am on F1, but cannot return 'home'. Does anyone know if BCIS would grant me an adjustment based on this, with proof of course ? Let me get your ideas guys and possible answers to this question. Thanks

Comment

You fefinately qualify to ajust status to LPR based on marriage to a permanant resident. Your husband has to petition you as soon as possible because the case may take a long time. It would take less time if he was a U.S citizen. Most importatly, you have to maintain your student status until your case is approved because if you are out of status you won't be able to ajust until your husband becomes a citizen. Hold on to your F1.

Comment

Working...
      X