Pending I-485

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending I-485

I am a Canadian with pending I-485 (changing to permanent residency). I was laid off from my employment 3 months after I-485 was submitted. I was informed AC21 will allow me to transfer the greencard application to a new employer after 6 months. What does this mean? Is there anything I can do to continue I-485 with a new employer?

I am currently in the process of changing my TN to B1/B2 visitor status, so I could have more time to close my family affairs in US. Have I made a right approach?

Is it lawful to look and obtain a job while staying as a visitor in US? Do I need go back to Canada and look jobs from there?

Is it more difficult to obtain TN at US/Canadian border? I did not had any problem getting TN for last 3 years before 9/11.

I am a Canadian with pending I-485 (changing to permanent residency). I was laid off from my employment 3 months after I-485 was submitted. I was informed AC21 will allow me to transfer the greencard application to a new employer after 6 months. What does this mean? Is there anything I can do to continue I-485 with a new employer?

I am currently in the process of changing my TN to B1/B2 visitor status, so I could have more time to close my family affairs in US. Have I made a right approach?

Is it lawful to look and obtain a job while staying as a visitor in US? Do I need go back to Canada and look jobs from there?

Is it more difficult to obtain TN at US/Canadian border? I did not had any problem getting TN for last 3 years before 9/11.

Comment

I suggest u talk to an expert on employment base greencard before filing to B2. Know all your options before change status because i don't know if that will jeopardize your LC and so forth.

Comment

Working...
      X