Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B - When in the process can you change employer

I am currently have H1-B visa and work as College Instructor

My Employer have applied for permanent Labor Certification and I am currently expecting the answer. I have few quesitons about various options

Option1: My Permanent Labor Certification is APPROVED, and visa petition to INS is APPROVED. Can i then change jobs without hurting the process.

I guess my main quesiton is at what stage of immigrating trough employment can i change jobs safely without delaying the process or starting all over?

Thank you very much.

I am currently have H1-B visa and work as College Instructor

My Employer have applied for permanent Labor Certification and I am currently expecting the answer. I have few quesitons about various options

Option1: My Permanent Labor Certification is APPROVED, and visa petition to INS is APPROVED. Can i then change jobs without hurting the process.

I guess my main quesiton is at what stage of immigrating trough employment can i change jobs safely without delaying the process or starting all over?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Don't change employer while in process.
      Be patient.

Comment

You can change jobs at any time, but the consequences will vary by when you do so. If you leave now, you lose the LC. Remember, the LC belongs to the employer, not the employee. This means it is not portable. If you wait till the LC is approved and the I-140 is approved, then your petition may be portable.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Working...
        X