Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card and marriage, advice needed

Hi, everyone,

My sister was an F-1 student. She met a American guy when she was at school. The guy went after her very strong. Then they fell in love and married very fast. 13 month later, my sister got her condition GC. In this period, my sister work very hard, she got her MS in computer science. She can not find a decent job in this area. So she worked several part time jobs and that American guy paid off his debt. They really have very good beginning in their marriage. However, that American guy has affair with another American girl and want to divorce my sister. If they divorce, nonbody will sponsor her GC anymore. Does this mean my sister will lose her GC? It is just unfair for my sister.
    Can anyone give my sister some advice on how she can get her uncondition GC?
    Thank you so much!

Linda

Hi, everyone,

My sister was an F-1 student. She met a American guy when she was at school. The guy went after her very strong. Then they fell in love and married very fast. 13 month later, my sister got her condition GC. In this period, my sister work very hard, she got her MS in computer science. She can not find a decent job in this area. So she worked several part time jobs and that American guy paid off his debt. They really have very good beginning in their marriage. However, that American guy has affair with another American girl and want to divorce my sister. If they divorce, nonbody will sponsor her GC anymore. Does this mean my sister will lose her GC? It is just unfair for my sister.
    Can anyone give my sister some advice on how she can get her uncondition GC?
    Thank you so much!

Linda

Comment

I made a mistake in my previous message. It should my sister help that American guy paid off his debt.
      Best Regard,
      Linda

Comment

I would suggest to seek mariage counsel and try to work out the difference first. But if all fails, please check this link:
        http://www.kamya.com/intro/cpr.html#removal2

Your sister will need a waiver when its time to apply for the removal of the conditional GC, if her husband will not be present to apply together with her.

Comment

She can seek help from SAKHI and other Women's Organization in this regard. If she can prove her allegations, then she can self petition for removal of condition.
          Good luck.

Comment

When she self-petitions to remove the condition, she will need to show that the marraige started-out as valid and then went bad. Being that it wasn't her fault is a positive aspect of her case.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Working...
            X