Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going out of country without removing condition

Hi
    I have to apply for removal of condition on my 2yrs conditional green card in January 2004. but I might have to go out of the country for 1 year before I can submit I 751. I read on INS website that I must apply for re-entry visa before leaving USA if I stay for a long time out of country. If anybody knows what will happen when I come back to USA after 1 year.

1 How will it affect on removal of condition as I will be going without having removed the condition for long time?
    2 will I be able to apply for removal of condition once I come back ?
    3 will they count new 2 yr period after coming back if I go without removing condition ?

I would appreciate any kind of information regarding this situation.

Hi
    I have to apply for removal of condition on my 2yrs conditional green card in January 2004. but I might have to go out of the country for 1 year before I can submit I 751. I read on INS website that I must apply for re-entry visa before leaving USA if I stay for a long time out of country. If anybody knows what will happen when I come back to USA after 1 year.

1 How will it affect on removal of condition as I will be going without having removed the condition for long time?
    2 will I be able to apply for removal of condition once I come back ?
    3 will they count new 2 yr period after coming back if I go without removing condition ?

I would appreciate any kind of information regarding this situation.

Comment

To Alex:
      You should postpone your trip and first of all apply for removal of conditions of your GC. You can submit I-751 90 days prior to second anniversary of your AOS.
      Even if you will leave with Re-entry permit, you might be denied entry, as you will not have any status at the time of your return to the United States.
      Time is counted from the date of AOS and it can not be extended under any circumstances.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X