I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130

I am a US citizen by Naturalization and have submitted the 130 for my mother. Her I94 or 194 (permit to enter country) will expire in 2 weeks.
    The question is, since we have started the paperwork should she stay in the states or should she go back to Mexico until we get a decision. We put that she would file for a change of status in the USA but now we don't know if she goes back to her home country if they will allow her to come back to the US.

I am a US citizen by Naturalization and have submitted the 130 for my mother. Her I94 or 194 (permit to enter country) will expire in 2 weeks.
    The question is, since we have started the paperwork should she stay in the states or should she go back to Mexico until we get a decision. We put that she would file for a change of status in the USA but now we don't know if she goes back to her home country if they will allow her to come back to the US.

Comment

Your mother can stay while you wait. If you are not sure try to get an extension for her stay, those are usually granted without a problem.

But the answer to your question is yes she can stay and it won't be a major problem since you are a US citizen.

Good luck

Comment

But do we apply for the extension even if the permit is going to expire on 05/26?

Comment

You have to submit the application before her period of admission expires.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
            You have to submit the application before her period of admission expires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please don't believe this idiot. USC immediate relatives' overstays and unauthorized employments are forgiven at AOS instance.

Comment

Working...
            X