Just starting the I-129F Process and would appreciate some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting the I-129F Process and would appreciate some advice

My fiance and I have met twice, and are just now starting the process for a fiance visa.

To say I'm confused would be an understatement. I would be most grateful if anyone could direct me to a website or book that explains how to fill out the form(s) correctly. There are places that ask for signatures and Alien Registration numbers, which my fiance doesn't have. (G-325A)

My second concern is the processing time(s). Looking here, the Texas Regional Center is working on applications received in December of 2002. Does that mean when I send in our application for a fiance visa I can expect to wait 6 months to hear something, or does it mean that 12/05/02 is the oldest application they have that has been approved and sent on?

So confusing! I thank you all in advance for your advice.

--Lance

My fiance and I have met twice, and are just now starting the process for a fiance visa.

To say I'm confused would be an understatement. I would be most grateful if anyone could direct me to a website or book that explains how to fill out the form(s) correctly. There are places that ask for signatures and Alien Registration numbers, which my fiance doesn't have. (G-325A)

My second concern is the processing time(s). Looking here, the Texas Regional Center is working on applications received in December of 2002. Does that mean when I send in our application for a fiance visa I can expect to wait 6 months to hear something, or does it mean that 12/05/02 is the oldest application they have that has been approved and sent on?

So confusing! I thank you all in advance for your advice.

--Lance

Comment

The form I-129F tells you which other forms you need (g-325) where it asks for an A# you leave it blank since your finacee does not have a #.

You also need to submit g-325 for yourself.

Make sure you read the instructions before filling out the form. Also, keep records and proof of every visit, phone call, etc. You will need those later.

My friend filled his I-129F in Aug. 2002 and his fiance had the interview in May 2003. They are now together in the US and in the process of obtaining a marriage license to continue the process of adjusting her status.

It took them a total of 9 months to get the visa

Comment

Thank you Dee. Searching here and on the internet has me confused. Some sites say keep records of everything, other sites say too much "proof" is a bad idea.

The bold-lined box on the bottom of all 4 pages of the G-325A asks for the name and alien registration number for the Applicant. I presume my fiance and I will have to put our own name in there with the "N/A" in the A# spot.

Once the aaplication process has started, will she be able to visit me in the US? We certainly don't want to stay apart for 9 more months (we've been together over a year now). However, I'm worried that she would get prevented from visiting from Germany during the holidays. Will I just have to fly there instead?

Comment

Hey Lance, I have just gone through this for my (now husband) and I would love to be able to help you through it.

Please email me at

zelda1978_2000@yahoo.com

Good luck and take care

Jenny

Comment

Working...
          X