Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attending College while CPR removal is being processed.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attending College while CPR removal is being processed.

Can a conditional PR attend college while the application to remove conditions is pending? The INS sent me a form telling me that my employment and travel privileges were extended for one more year while they process my application to remove conditions on my permanent residency. However,one college told me I only had permission to work and travel - not to attend college. I had been attending college during the 2 year period of my CPR. When I got my stamp in my passport for CPR, I remembered the INS Officer explicitly telling me I could attend college. Can someone shed some light? Thanks.

Can a conditional PR attend college while the application to remove conditions is pending? The INS sent me a form telling me that my employment and travel privileges were extended for one more year while they process my application to remove conditions on my permanent residency. However,one college told me I only had permission to work and travel - not to attend college. I had been attending college during the 2 year period of my CPR. When I got my stamp in my passport for CPR, I remembered the INS Officer explicitly telling me I could attend college. Can someone shed some light? Thanks.

Comment

Your school is not well informed: as a permanent resident with a condition attached to your status, you should be able to attend college at the resident level. Find the law that defines a foreign student, a special class of foreigners that may attent U.S. school. The patriot act prohibited any other non-eligable alien to attent classes (visitor, work, business, tourist and other non-immigrant visa holders), that should not exclude permanent residents though!

Comment

IMF:

Yes you can attend college while the I-751 (Petition to remove conditional status) is pending.

I am currently waiting for my I-751 approval and have a long time to keep waiting yet (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

I have enrolled for the FALL 2003 and have some issues getting my student loans because I show the Notice of Action of my I-751(the receipt that says the status is extended) and they never seen one of those before, so they were a little skeptical but they call me like 3 days later to tell me that everything once okey and could attend classes in a normal basis.

Comment

A CPR has the sames rights, privilges, and obligations as a PR. The only difference is that a CPR expires in two years (+ extensions) while a GC (PR) expires in 10.

ARQU

Comment

There should not be a problem if you continue attending college. Moreover OPT allows international students to stay and work even for up to a year after graduating (but only if your job is related to the field of study I guess).

Comment

they never seen one of those before, auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver so they were a little skeptical but they call me like 3 days later to tell me that everything once okey and could attend classes in a normal basis.
              Last edited by molikotigo; 01-09-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

I have enrolled for the FALL 2003 and have some issues getting my student loans because I show the Notice of Action of my I-751(the receipt that says the status is extended) and they never have seen one of those before. The only difference is that a CPR expires in two years (+ extensions) while a GC (PR) expires in 10. Auto Clicker for Roblox, Mouse Clicker, Click Speed Test, Cps Test, Roblox Music Codes. I had been attending college during the 2 year period of my CPR. When I got my stamp in my passport for CPR, I remembered the INS Officer explicitly telling me I could attend college. Can someone shed some light? Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation