Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can USC move to Canada w/ 10/yr ban hubby?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can USC move to Canada w/ 10/yr ban hubby?

Hi Everyone!
    I'm a USC, a certified elementary school teacher, and the fiance of an Arab national who's about to be deported. He is now facing the ten-year ban, because he passed his one year mark while he was in detention
    I live in Wisconsin now, and Canada is not all that far away, so we are thinking about living there. Would this be possibe? Teachers are not listed as one of the shortage areas in the labor force, but maybe they could still use me? I am also certified to teach Spanish.
    Would it be possible, if I cannot work in Canada, to work in, say, Michigan or Minnesota and live in Canada?
    Any advice/knowledge you could share with me would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks for any input anyone might have on this topic!

Hi Everyone!
    I'm a USC, a certified elementary school teacher, and the fiance of an Arab national who's about to be deported. He is now facing the ten-year ban, because he passed his one year mark while he was in detention
    I live in Wisconsin now, and Canada is not all that far away, so we are thinking about living there. Would this be possibe? Teachers are not listed as one of the shortage areas in the labor force, but maybe they could still use me? I am also certified to teach Spanish.
    Would it be possible, if I cannot work in Canada, to work in, say, Michigan or Minnesota and live in Canada?
    Any advice/knowledge you could share with me would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks for any input anyone might have on this topic!

Comment

Canada has complex immigration laws just like the US. You need to find a good website that deals with immigration to Canada and do some research. I know you mentioned that your husband is Arabic, however, you never mentioned if he holds Canadian citizenship. Canada is not likely to let someone in that is being deported from the US unless he has legal status on Canada. It is not that easy to move from one country to another - not even between Canada and the US....

Comment

Try www.britishexpats.com They have a Canadian board.

Comment

Thanks for the info Not exactly the news I was hoping for, but it's a start.
          My fiance has no ties to Canada whatsoever. He is being deported for entering with a false passport, and overstaying his visa. Looks like I'm running out of options

Comment

SHAME! WHAT KIND OF USC YOU ARE WHO IS KNOWINGLY
            SUPPORTING A CROOK PERSON WHO ENTER ON FALSE PASSPORT
            YOU ARE SENDING A MASSAGE TO THIRD WORLD YES !YOU PEOPLE COME HERE ILLEGALLY OR WITH FALSE PASSPORT AND WE (USC) ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
            IN MY VIEW HE SHOULD BE BAN FOR EVER TO ENTER U S AND THERE SHOULD BE A LAW TO PUNISH USC LIKE YOU WHO KNOWINGLY SUPPORT THESE CROOKS

Comment

DEAR JUJU
              BEING A CERTIFIED TEACHER YOU WILL BE TEACHING YOUR STUDENTS" IF YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH SOME ONE AND LATERON YOU FIND OUT THE PERSON IS CROOKED STILL YOU SUPPORT YOUR LOVE BECAUSE LOVE IS GREATER THAN NATION
              THINK AGAIN ONE MORE TIME SO YOU DO'NT FEEL GUILTY
              THROUGHOUT YOUR LIFE

Comment

PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DO ALL THIS KNOWINGLY
                ARE IN GREATER THREAT TO OUR COUNTRY IN COMPARE TO OUTSIDERS .AN ARAB SNEAKS IN OUR COUNTRY WITH FALSE PASSPORT INSTEAD OF HANDING OVER TO AUTHORITIES YOU ARE SUPPORTING HIM WITH YOUR LAST BREATH
                WHERE WE PEOPLE ARE GOING ? WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN FUTURE?
                I DID NOT EXPECT THIS ATLEAST FROM A TEACHER , THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN IS IN YOUR HANDS?WHAT WILL YOU BE TEACHING THEM?
                I CAN THINK MAY BE YOU DID NOT KNOW WHEN YOU MET HIM BUT NOW YOU KNOW ,HOW CAN YOU DO ALL THIS TO COUNTRY BEING A TEACHER
                HE IS NOT HERE ON EXPIRED VISA HE ENTERED KNOWINGLY WITH FALSE PASSPORT
                DO YOU HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR LAWS? IF NOT DO'NT TEACH IN OUR SCHOOLS ANY MORE.

Comment

JuJu
                  I have no sympathy for you ,This guy/arab entered intentionally on fake passport,you do'nt know him for long ,may be he was a part of some plot and now he wants to become a part of society and deceiving you and us.do'nt trust these people too much .
                  now you want to become a part of crime by sending
                  him to canada since you informed he has no ties with canada.Let him pay the price for what he did.
                  Better you forget him and go for your life since you are a teacher and have many responsiblities to kids and country ,All parents whom kids you teach count on you.do'nt involve yourself in illegal activities and do'nt break trust.
                  I wish you well for you.

Comment

Juju,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband is bad news. What if your fiance has links to terrorist activities? Have you ever thought about that? Has he ever given you a reasonable excuse for entering the US illegally? He was documented upon entrance but those were not his documents...

I really don't understand why people try to enter the country with false passports?

Did FBI complete their investigation on him? I don't think they are going to let him go without an extensive investigation. Being from an arab nation, after Sept 11, and a false passport, his chances are really weak to stay here...

If he gets deported, he has to designate a country to be sent to, if he doesn't, the judge will do that for him, most cases s/he will designate the native country. So Canada is not option...

God Help You...

Comment

TO
                      BUSHMASTER
                      THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING TRUTHFULLY WHAT YOU FEEL

Comment

Although being also in removal proceedings, I LOVE THIS COUNTRY TO DEATH...

I am a pilot originally from Turkey and after Sept.11, FBI led 2 seperate investigations on me, I cooperated to the max. extent, I have done everything I could possibly do. I had nothing to hide, and they did an EXCELLENT JOB. I am proud to say that I am all clear. I love this country and oneday I pray to serve in the US Air Force if Lord's will...

We should all realize, citizens-immigrants doesn't matter, what this country stands for and the price paid for all these freedoms...

GOD BLESS U.S.A.

Comment

I don't know why any of you people think I am doing something illegal. I am trying to do everything legally. My fiance came here to try to help make money for his little brother's operation, whose face is seriously disfigured due to a car accident. I did not know that my fiance entered illegally, nor did he know of the severe consequences. But i can't stop loving him because he made a mistake and sacrificed his own freedom in order to help his family.
                          The FBI has investigated him for months, and aside from illegal entry, he has never done so much as jay-walk. He is a sweet, sweet, kind-hearted man. The US has the INS and DOJ to judge people. I am trying to find ways to solve this legally, not to be judged. You ppl are awfully quick to condemn. How disappointing. Maybe if the laws weren't so freaking complicated, so many ppl would not have to enter or stay illegally. I'm surprised to find that the INS is more forgiving than most of you.

You all can think what you want. I know he has a heart of gold. One out of every five people in this world is Muslem. Shall we suspect everyone of them as a terrorist? Please.

By the way, he's from Kuwait. If you know anything about Kuwait and its history, you know what a wonderful, kind-hearted, generous, and loving ppl they are, and the indescribable horrors they've been through.

As for my teaching, I'm one of the best, and that's a well-known fact. I love my students as my own, and many of them are "illegal" or their parents are. I don't judge them because I haven't walked in their shoes. I know they are loving families and will do anything to help their children. You call it what you want. I teach empathy and compassion.

You ppl act as if walking over the border of another country were the most heinous crime imaginable. I wonder if all this would be being said if it weren't for the events of September 11th, 2001. Not one of those ppl were Kuwaiti, Jordanian, or even Palestinian. I'm sorry to hear that everyone wants to assume they are all terrorists. You are missing out on a lot of really wonderful ppl.

Comment

Juju, I think Bushmaster, Citizen, Security and Ca'nt believe aren't four (4) different incredibly mean and negative people who woke up on the wrong side today, but just one person. Did you notice they all make the same sort of spelling mistakes and that two (2) of them use all caps? Don't worry about people like that who don't know anything about your situation. Hopefully someone here can give you some advise with substance instead. My heart goes out to both of you and best of luck.

Comment

Sorry, Bushmaster is obviously a separate individual.

Comment

Working...
                              X