Processing Times Updated !! 7/11/03

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing Times Updated !! 7/11/03

Nebraska has just moves 2 days in the last 1 month on the I129-F. How long do we have to wait here????????

Nebraska has just moves 2 days in the last 1 month on the I129-F. How long do we have to wait here????????

Comment

havent been keeping track of processing times. Is Nebraska moving slower than other centers?

Comment

If there processing times are correct. They are the slowest center in the us on processing 129f's....almost makes me wish I would've stayed on the east coast.

Comment

The Texas Service center is slowest on the I751, I dont know about the other centers. They have not moved from 10/31/2002 in the last 3 months.

Comment

Have a look at VSC. They have been on 12/01/01 for I-751's for 8 months or so....

ARQU

Comment

But the strange thing is that there are people in this centers like the Texas center that have been sending in I751s and they get approved without interview. How is that?

Comment

If you submit enough documentation there is no further interview. If they have questions, they send your file to the district office where they deccide if they want you to come in or not...

It is my understanding that most people do not have to interview after their I-751 is filed...

The process still takes a long time though - I am anticipating a 2 to 3 year turn around on my I-751 application...

ARQU

Comment

WHAT? 2-3 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So let me understand this ARQU, do they just hold onto those I751s they plan to interview or ALL of them?

Comment

Just so you know my timeline...

Marriage - July 1999
                    1st Interview - October 2000
                    I-751 - October 2002
                    Anticipated date my case will looked at: Oct 2004
                    Processing time for I-751 - 6 mos... So...

I anticipate my PR will be sometime around April of 2005... 6 YRS in total... (plus the 3 I spent on a H1 or T1 visas..)

If I know anything at all it is about the INS... (BCIS)... I have been there way, way too many times with no end in sight...

Sorry if I ruined your day...

ARQU

Comment

Hey thats OK ARQU but it seems these people are plain lazy!

Comment

The problem is that the process does not have to be efficient. Non-citizens can't vote and citizens really don't understand the importance of immigration.

So there is no political will so nothing will change...

ARQU

Comment

ARQU thats true and its for these reasons that immigrants have no recourse when BCIS takes years to process our paperwork.

ARQU do you know when they will have this software stuff up and running to process g'cards? Lokks like our I751s will be processed when we apply for citizenship ie the N600.

Comment

ARQU did you answer what Halali asked?

Comment

I have no idea when they will start moving on the I-751's... I am sure of one thing though, the backlog has to be getting HUGE. I have no idea if the BCIS has any clue of how to deal with this issue at all. In the meantime, we all sit and wait. I am sure that some applications are being processed but not many at all. After all, the priority dates haven't changed since I filed last October...

ARQU

Comment

Working...
                              X