Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Conditional Permanent Residence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Conditional Permanent Residence.

When I apply to remove the conditions on my residency, what do I need to do if my new green card doesn't arrive by the expiration date of my old one. I suppose there is really no way to get the new card in 90 days.

When I apply to remove the conditions on my residency, what do I need to do if my new green card doesn't arrive by the expiration date of my old one. I suppose there is really no way to get the new card in 90 days.

Comment

You will get a receipt from INS saying they received your application and extending your Conditional GC for another year... It will probably take 1 1/2 to 2 yrs to process your I-751 - depending on where you live. So after your 1 year extension is up, you will have to go to your district INS office to get it extended again.

Comment

Thanks. You guys are so knowlegeable.

Comment

Thanks Caasi,

I have had to deal with the INS more than a person should have to... Give me 1 yr and a few million dollars and I could fix the system so that it actually works... I have been at the INS more than a dozen times in the last 5 years and still anticipate several visits and a few more years of 'experience'.

Good luck with your experiences...

Comment

yeah, my wife's letter, if I remember correctly, even said it acted as proof of residency while you wait on the new green card for up to a year I beleive...

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X