Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-1 Visa Renewal

hi,

I am a student at California State University, Chico persuing my Master's in Computer Science.
    My F-1 visa stamp expires May ,2003.
    I was plaaning to go to my home country which is India for renewing my visa.
    If God forbid my visa is rejected will they also cancel the stamp which is valid till May 2003, can i re-enter on that stamp if the renewal is rejected.

thanx
    -a

hi,

I am a student at California State University, Chico persuing my Master's in Computer Science.
    My F-1 visa stamp expires May ,2003.
    I was plaaning to go to my home country which is India for renewing my visa.
    If God forbid my visa is rejected will they also cancel the stamp which is valid till May 2003, can i re-enter on that stamp if the renewal is rejected.

thanx
    -a

Comment

You are a student at University, you should apply for extention of your F Visa to the INS, instead of going to India for Stamp. If you would not get Visa stamp then you won't be able to enter back into the United States. Better stay and apply for extention here through you College.
      Good luck

Comment

Yeah, right. Go ahead and apply F visa extention with INS and good luck. Have a happy trip back to India.

Comment

If the INS approval notice says D/S and your I-20 gives an estimated end date later than the date of your visa, then you just go and get your visa extended. Otherwise, you need to talk to your international advisor about changing the date on your I-20. The INS approves F visas for D/S or Duration of Status, which means as long as you are a full-time student in good standing with your school.

Comment

Working...
          X