we need some advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need some advice

Hi , I'm Belgian married to an American Angel i love .
    At the time i came over i was using a VWP , now we got married , and i didn't returned back to Belgium . I overstayed my VWP .

My question is ... is there any chance for me that i can apply for citizenship ? Will they accept ?

Hi , I'm Belgian married to an American Angel i love .
    At the time i came over i was using a VWP , now we got married , and i didn't returned back to Belgium . I overstayed my VWP .

My question is ... is there any chance for me that i can apply for citizenship ? Will they accept ?

Comment

There is a chance you can you can apply for citizenship... in about five or six years. First you need to become a permanent resident (get a green card). Go to www.immigration.gov and look up: How Do I Become a Lawful Permanent Resident While in the United States?

Since you entered the US legally and are now married to a US citizen, you shouldn't have any problems if you follow the instructions.

The Grand Poo-Bah
      Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

As you overstayed your visa waiver, just make sure you do not leave the country under any circumstance until you have your green card.....while applying for your adjustment of status(i-485) you can apply for advanced parole which allows you to leave the country and come back if you had to return to your country etc briefly.but be warned depending on how long you overstayed your visa may bring the automatic bars into play if you leave the US. You will remain illegal until the day you get a receipt from the BCIS stating that they have received your application .........good luck and be careful

Comment

Working...
        X