I have a question Mohan...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question Mohan...

Hey Mohan, would you think that once you are in and out of removal proceedings, it is considered a criminal record and stays in your record? Or after termination of proceedings there is nothing in your record? Just to make sure if it counts as criminal record or not...

Thanks...

Where are you buddy? I emailed you a couple of times but no response?! Hope you are doing well. Any news on work Authorization?

I have my date in a couple of days.. Please wish me luck.. Email me when you get a chance bro!

Your BRo

Tommy!

Comment

Yea Bro, sorry about that, I was out of town last week and just arrived, got your email... I will send you my copy of I-213 of course blurred where necessary... Anyway, your date is coming... No dang word from my EAD, I guess I will tell straight to the judge about it on July 10th...

Do you have any news on the appeal? Did ou talk to you attrny recently?

Comment

This may have changed in a year. In past, Removal proceedings are not considered criminal proceesing. You should be goood.

Comment

immigration removal cases are not considered criminal, but are civil in nature. The reason that led to a removal may be criminal, but if a removal case itself has been successfully chanceled, no criminal or civil impairment should account. The law clearly states that once an alien is not deportable anymore, "good moral character" has been established for civil disability purposes (such as joining the armed forces or getting your attorneys license etc. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, my concern was military...

I have a question here I don't know how I will answer...

HAVE YOU EVER UNDER EITHER MILITARY OR CIVILIAN LAW BEEN INDICTED OR SUMMONED IN TO COURT AS A DEFENDANT IN A CRIMINAL PROCEEDING (Including any proceedings involving juvenile offenses, Article 15, UCMJ, and any court-martial) REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT OF TRIAL, OR CONVICTED, FINED, IMPRISONED, PLACED ON PROBATION, PAROLED OR PARDONED, OR HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ORDERED TO DEPOSIT BAIL OR COLLATERAL FOR VIOLATION OF ANY LAW, POLICE REGULATION OR ORDINANCE? (Exclude traffic violations involving a fine or forfeiture of $250 or less)

In case I answer this question YES, military requires a moral waiver...

Comment

dear John,
              Thanks for your reply. I did talk to my lawyewr. They said that this will be the master hearing and in this the INS council will tell the judge why am I deportable and my lawyer will tell the judge of reliefs avaiable for me.

I still havent heard about the 130 and I hope I dont until the end of this court date. My lawyer also said if the I-130 is approved. He will go ahead and get a fee stamp for the 485 AOS from the dictrict office so I can apply for EAD.

But lets see what happens. well now 10th July isnt that far either. Hopefully everything is over with your case on the 10th. My troubles are now starting...

Please pray for me

Comment

Deportation proceedings are not criminal record,in fact sometimes deportation proceedings are based on criminal records but Immigration Law can be waived with the clause i.e extremely unusal hardship, good moral, physical presence all togather, based on case by case

Comment

So Mohan, in my case, where the proceedings started for overstay, it doesn't count as criminal record... did I get it right?

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                    X