Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Trouble - SomeBody Please Help me ( Pleaseeeeeee )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Trouble - SomeBody Please Help me ( Pleaseeeeeee )

I got my Green Card through my US Citizen wife about a year and a hulf ago. More than a year ago I went to my home country to visit my parents. There I got an opportunity to built a huge multi million dollar manufacturing industry. But it takes time to establish this huge project and after all these production test it will take a year more to be profitable after calculating the fixed and variable costs.
    In last 16 months I have visited my home country 3 times and spent 14 months there in part by part ( not more than 5 months any time). I came back to USA 2 months ago for the last time. Now I need to go visit my home country one more time to observe the progress and need to stay there 5 more months. Because of my wife and children does not want to live anywhere but in USA I have planed to run that project in my home country from USA after it is fully estabilsed and get the profit time to time living in USA and vist it once or twice a year, staying couple of months each time.It is very important to let you know that I had a big trouble about 10 years back while I was in College. I have a arrest and a conviction record with a jail time for 25 days for bad check. Last time I entered to USA I was stoped, questioned by INS ispector and they inquired in every detail because of my previous arrest record. After that they gave me the clearence I could get in. That's why I do not want to apply to the immigration for a 2 year travel document. My question is it safe for me to visit my country so many times ( 4 times 19 months) in such a short period ? and staying outside of the country for such a long time? Oh! One important thing I am from a Muslim country and I have a Muslim name. So anyway they always check on me and look at my eyes like I am a bad guy...

I got my Green Card through my US Citizen wife about a year and a hulf ago. More than a year ago I went to my home country to visit my parents. There I got an opportunity to built a huge multi million dollar manufacturing industry. But it takes time to establish this huge project and after all these production test it will take a year more to be profitable after calculating the fixed and variable costs.
    In last 16 months I have visited my home country 3 times and spent 14 months there in part by part ( not more than 5 months any time). I came back to USA 2 months ago for the last time. Now I need to go visit my home country one more time to observe the progress and need to stay there 5 more months. Because of my wife and children does not want to live anywhere but in USA I have planed to run that project in my home country from USA after it is fully estabilsed and get the profit time to time living in USA and vist it once or twice a year, staying couple of months each time.It is very important to let you know that I had a big trouble about 10 years back while I was in College. I have a arrest and a conviction record with a jail time for 25 days for bad check. Last time I entered to USA I was stoped, questioned by INS ispector and they inquired in every detail because of my previous arrest record. After that they gave me the clearence I could get in. That's why I do not want to apply to the immigration for a 2 year travel document. My question is it safe for me to visit my country so many times ( 4 times 19 months) in such a short period ? and staying outside of the country for such a long time? Oh! One important thing I am from a Muslim country and I have a Muslim name. So anyway they always check on me and look at my eyes like I am a bad guy...

Comment

Jack... did I not take the time to look up that information for you when I answered you on Nov 4 in your last post about traveling???????? Did you not read it .. did you not understand it??? or you just didnt want to hear what you wanted??? I feel the information that I took the time to find for you answered the question. What is it you exactly want to know. Maybe you are not asking the question you really want to ask. if thats the case. be up front and just ask it. WE are not the BCIS here. We are here to help. but dont play games here. Peoples time is valuable

Comment

4Now ofcourse I read your message and thanks a lot.I got only two messages so far. But none really told me if it is safe for me to visit my home country for another 5 months ( now I am in USA). I undersatnd you are not BCIS... But sure you guys know a lot more than me. Please give me some advise like what should I do. I know the choice is mine... But please I also need your suggetions to make my choice safer.. please help me out.

Comment

how come they gave u green card ,when your criminal record was not disclosed a the interview??
          otherwise there should be no problem going back anf forth to the U S?
          Are u working on the Al-Fujairah Refinery project in the gulf of Oman?

Comment

ok Jack. so are you saying u dont want to apply for the travel document becuase of arrest 10 yrs ago? is this the issue? Well then surely this came out at the time of your interview did it not.. If it was not a problem then why you make it problem. The travel doc is procedure that needs to be followed. Even to your benefit becuase you are protecting yourself. One of the things you need to protect is the amount of time out of the USA and timeframe becuase of upcoming citizenship requirements. Once you get ur citizenship u travel as much as u want. so protect that upcoming benefit now by being smart. I dont know what more u want .

Comment

Thanks 4Now. Thanks for your concern. Sure I my creminal record was Disclosed in my application and I was questioned about it during my interview. But that was year 2002. Thant's why the POE let me in USA last time after making sure I had told BCIS about my conviction. But this is year 2003. in Year 2002 I followed the INS law for 1996 where an alien was excused for upto 2/3 misdiminar. But in year 2003 the new law says even one misdiminar can make an alien inadmissable. That's why I am scred... please help me out.

Comment

The amazing thing is that this guy is even allowed into the country. He is a moslem with a criminal record running a shady business. Those are 3 HUGE red flags each of which should disqualify him from entry. Amd amazingly, he wonders why he is even questioned. We'll be reading about this guy flying a jet into the Sears Tower.

Comment

LOL Michael!
                  Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

cut out all the BS. I dont have enought info to evaluate but worse then worse you will be issues NTA when you will try to enter (and I doubt that). IT not end of the world either.
                    In any way you will be allowed to entered back.If removal proceedings initiated you can fight. Its not good idea not to enter or leave because of proceedings.IF you are liable to deportation, it can be initiated any time. you can't aviod that by not leaving or entering.
                    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

To john
                      In oman refinary you can only either work or get contract, Not start production line.. Sultnate of oman runs the oil refinary.
                      Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

First I am not from Middleastern country. I am from Indonesia. Second, The judge in the immigration board issued me LPR knowing that I have one conviction record. Third, In POE , last time I entrered they went through all my papers BCIS have took 6 hours and finally they deciede that I can enter the country. And they said Because I disclosed everything in my application I will be o.k. Fourth, I am a mechanical Engineer. I am establishing a huge project related to my field. Other than complaning please give me advise. That will help me to save my life.. and I will be ever thankful to you.

Comment

Jack:

I've read your posts very carefully and found that you are being panaroid for NOTHING just because you were questioned in very details at POE when you entered the Untied States last time. You should know that-firstly, you are a male. Secondly- you are from a Muslim country. Thirdly-you are spending so much time at abroad. Fourth- we are living post 9/11 time. With that in mind, you should expect all these lengthy interogations everytime you'll return to U.S.anyhow.

Nevertheless, not only I strongly believe, but also I'm pretty much sure that the reason to have you interogated up to that extent was- your too long stay at abroad on frequent basis. Even though law states that after obtaining Green Card, if you stay at aborad contineously for a year or more, only then your GC would be canceled and your parmanent status would be revoked. However, law also states that if you don't maintain the residence in the Untied States after obtaining GC, then your status would be revoked/cancelled at any time. How you can justify that you are maintaining a residence here when you are spending so long time at abroad? Having been married with USC or having a green card won't rescue you from revoking your parmanent status if you make that long frequent trips to abroad. You are still an alien even if you are married to USC or even if you have green card until you become USC.

If someone makes that long trip to abroad, then Immigration Officer at port of entry is forced to know what is the reason for staying that long at abroad to determine whether you are maintaining your residence here or not. The situation gets more worst when this long stay at abroad is on frequent basis, I meant so many times. Of course, Immigration officer has to question you in details to know where is your actual residence.

I'm very surprised to know how come you were not placed on deportation yet, especially when you made so many lengthy trips each times within so short time of getting a green card. If I were the immigration officer at POE, then I would have right away revoked your residence/green card without having any explaination from you, since explaination or forgiveness could be done one time or two times, and not every time. And then, I'll place you on deportation proceedings by charging you that you've abandoned your residence in United states being stayed so long and so many times at abroad, so you don't need green card or don't need to stay here. I'll let immigration judge hear your explaination in order to decide your fate.

Your past criminal history has nothing to do with those interogations. Do you know-Why? Because, you said that those crimes and convictions were 10 yrs ago, and you got your green card only one and half year ago. So, obviously those crimes were not the problem, otherwise BCIS would not have granted you a green card at first place. You got your green card despite of your disclourse to BCIS about those crimes. BCIS knows about those convictions and crimes, and still gave you the green card, which means-you are okay as far as those convictions or crimes go. So, don't even think that they have integorated you just because of those past crimes.

It might be possible that they may have asked you some questions about those crimes but you are okay. Furthermore, the crime that you committed is not a crime which would make you inadmissible to U.S. based upon its sentences imposed upon you, otherwise you were not even granted the Green Card at first place. Though, it's also true that even one misdeamenor can make you inadmissible to U.S., but it still depends on the nature of the crime and the sentence imposed for that crime. Over the top, any previous violation of immigration laws or any criminal history in the past, won't be a problem at all once a green card is already granted so long you've been truthful to BCIS about those acts. And you said that you were truthful to BCIS about those conviction or crime, right? Then, you don't have any problem at all as far as those crimes go. You've got to understand that if those crimes or convictions are the problem, then you were already placed on deportation becasuse of those convictions even if BCIS are finding about it only now.

Who told you that BCIS would check criminal background again when they issue Reentry permit? They won't check background at all. The only time, they will check background if you misplace your green card and would need to issue another one, that is. I'll strongly advise you to get reentry permit before you leave second time around, otherwise you will lose your green card and will face deportation proceedings. And then, having been married to USC won't give you green card back. Law is Law, and it cannot be changed for you. On reentry permit, you can stay upto 2 yrs at abroad without any problem. But, you should not be surprised if they'll still interogate you because you are a male and from muslim country. As you know our govt are getting very vigilant toward Muslim nationals after 9/11. Next time if you go abroad, take your tax-returns, copy of bank statement, any utility bill and a letter from employer here if you have with you, so that you can prove that you still maintain residence in the United States. But-NEVER EVER LEAVE WITHOUT OBTAINING REENTRY PERMIT IN ADVANCE.

If you want to stay abroad that long, then it's better for you to become a citizen. But, you will need to stay here more if you want to become a citizen. After becoming a citizen, you can even stay in another country forever if you want without loosing your United States Citizenship. If you have any further follow-up questions, you may post here since lots of folks will help you especially 4NOW, but I won't be able to answer you more since I already give you my best. Good Luck.

Comment

TO MOHAN
                            I SURE THE SULTAN OF OMAN IS FINANCING IT,AND MY FATHER IS SECURING THOSE LOANS THROUGH THE BANKS.THE SULTAN WILL SURELY NEED MANY PEOPLE TO WORK ON THE PROJECT,AS HE DOESNT KNOW A THING ABOUT OIL.

Comment

Sammy thanks about your constructive thoughts. your advices give me a good sense. One more this I should include: I never been out of USA continously for more than 6 months.In last 16 months first time I was out for 2 months then 5 months and again for 5 months. Now after staying in USA for 3 month I need to travel. Cause I have invested my life saving on my project. It will not be a very good idea to lose it. Morever I love my wife and Children.. both of them will always live in USA... living abroad I don't wanna miss them either.. So as soon as I am done with my project ( 5-6 more moth to be needed) I have a plan to come back to USA and live with my family... Now I need your advices just like Sammy gave.. please help me out...

Comment

Working...
                              X