k-1 needs help in staying in US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k-1 needs help in staying in US

i am on K-1 visa which is valid till Nov 25th . I am married to a US citizen and having compatibility problems and likely to go for divorce. If i want to stay in US what should i do i have not filed for I-485 or work authorisation. please help

i am on K-1 visa which is valid till Nov 25th . I am married to a US citizen and having compatibility problems and likely to go for divorce. If i want to stay in US what should i do i have not filed for I-485 or work authorisation. please help

Comment

You cannot change status on k-1 visa.

Comment

How did you change your status to EB. I am also contemplating on changing from family based to employment because I got hired already but need EAD. I heard in EB you get your status adjusted easily. I'm still married to my USC spouse tho.

Comment

I didn't change my status.
          I just called to INS,explain my setuation & they said, that I can file I-129(work visa).
          And more: I have boyfriend(US citizen) & he'll hire me. That's it.

Comment

SIVA! Hi!
            Why you didn't wrote me. I gas, I found the way, how to fill out the forms, that you need.
            Few days ago I've met with kongressman Bob Etheridge and he showed me the way, how to do it. Me and my family need to file just I-485 & I-765, but my mom doesn't need to sign supporation papers about 2 yrs. So, I wish you could e-mail me & I'll try explain you everything I know about this situation.
            Bye!

Comment

Working...
            X