Help!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!!!!!!

I was recently denied Advanced Parole,is there anything I can do to reverse this?The reason I was denied was because I was illegally present in the US for 180 days,I was planning to go home to see my mom i don't want to disappoint her.Someone with knowledge on the topic please HELP ME!!!!

I was recently denied Advanced Parole,is there anything I can do to reverse this?The reason I was denied was because I was illegally present in the US for 180 days,I was planning to go home to see my mom i don't want to disappoint her.Someone with knowledge on the topic please HELP ME!!!!

Comment

If you were out of status how did you apply for advance parole? Why was your AP denied? Did you file for AOS? You need to give us a little story about yourself so we can help you.

Comment

Sorry very new at this .I am married to a usc and we filed Adjustment of status,Work permit and advanced parole,but we waited to long to file so i was denied for being illegally present in the US for 180 days

Comment

If you leave on an AP they may not let you back in because of your overstay. If you leave you're subject to the bans.
          You're luck they denied you instead of leaving and not being able to come back

Stay, wait for your greencard and then go.

Comment

Now I think you also need a waiver in order to get AOS approved? since you were present illegally for a while.

Comment

the applicant is married to a USC so why does he need a waiver. section 245a says applicant is eligible for permanent residency even if he/she overstays the visa or worked in this country without work papers.

Comment

So do i need a waiver or not.I filed for AOS,Ap ,work permit and also Alien petition.How long will all this take ???I am so homesick!!!

Comment

work permit takes 90 days
                  green card one year to one and half year
                  when and where did you apply.

Comment

Being a spouse to a USC your overstay and unauthorized work won't be revisited by the INS. I presume you just send in your application. You wait until your I-130 is approved, you will get it in the mail and you will be instructed when to appear for your AOS interview. Your AOS won't be adjucated unless there is approval of your I-130. Now with regards to your problem, the AP , there is a travel advisory that if you overstay more than 180 days it's not advisable for you to travel outside the country even with advance parole because you might have a problem with your reentry.This isn't worth the trouble, isn't it? If you go back to your home country without AP you will be abandoning your application and you will be subject to 3/10 yrs bar. Since you are a spouse of USA you might be able to come back with waivers but you are in deep trouble. If I were you wait until your AOS is adjucated and go.

Comment

I filed all my papers In oct 2002,I've come to the realization that the situation I am in is my fault because of ignorance.I had the time to file everything and be in order but because of the lack of knowledge I didn't.Thank you all for your help

Comment

Don't worry your case is nothing compared to the people in this board. You are married to USC, you came legally, your application is approvable . It's just a matter of waiting, you will get your GC.Don't leave the country yet.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                          X