Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 approval

Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Hi All,

I was told at the Vermont service center that the I-130 processing will speed up in a couple of months, so I called them up today to check the status of my I130 petition filed in Nov of 2001.
    I was told that it will take another 9 months to get this kind of petition approved, and also that my spouse could change his status once the petition gets approved. This suprises me because as far as I know it takes 5 yrs for processing, and thats what I was told by lawyers and several others.
    What do you guys think, is this information correct? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Comment

Sammy, Mohan, Lord, I need replies. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Guys I am back again for your expert advice, plz do me a favor by answering to my question, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mandy

Comment

hey mandy

is the petitioner a citizen or lpr?

Comment

The petitioner is an LPR.

Comment

you are right... it does take about 5 or 6 years. i am in the same situation. my wife who is a greencard holder petitioned i-130 for me and after petitioning for me they send us a letter saying we have to wait between 150- and 999 days. But my wife just applied for citizenship and she just took her fingerprints. So as soon as she become a citizen she will upgrade the i-130 and as soon as the vermont center sends the file to our local office i can file for the i-485 , my working permit etc.

maybe they understood you wrong, maybe they thought that your petitioner was a usc.

or maybe it just means that they are speeding up the kind of cases...hope so.

Comment

As far as I know if you're a USC, it should take at most 60 days. I know people who have filed it and approved the same day. If i understand well you file at the counter with the I-485, G-325A and I-864. I don't understand the 360-999 days thing.

Comment

to ghost
                  60 days? for what? in what state is that??.. i think what mandy means is , how long does it take to process the i-130 when the petitioner is a greencard holder. from the moment you apply for the i-130 to exactly getting your greencard takes for sure 5 to 6 years, if your petitioner doesnt become a usc.

Comment

Ohhh if petitioner is GC holder it takes that much, holly cow..Thanks for the update ma'am. Kinda ridiculous , I mean they got married so I don't understand the double standard.

Comment

Thanks Radda and ghost for your replies.
                      But I still don't understand what happens betweeen 150-999 days, what is the purpose of those numbers, does the I-130 gets approved at the end of 999 days? Please help me getting an accurate answer guys, bcos I am not eligible to become a citizen until 2005 so there is no question of upgrading my spouses petition at all. I will wait for your replies.

Thanks,

Mandy

Comment

Radda, since how long have been waiting after your I130 was filed?

Comment

my wife filed i-130 for me last year(april, i believe) , and she is a greencard holder but she just filed for naturalization. she just took her fingerprint and i believe the processing of naturalization takes up to 360days now in NY. so i am guessing within 10 months or so , if everything goes well..(hope to god it will)...i can upgrade my case.

what i think they mean by 150-999 days is that they will let you know if your i-130 will be approved or not. its not sure that after the 999 days you will get your greencard, it can still be denied. and i guess it could take less then 999 days too ( depends what state you in), but if the 999 days exceed , i think you could call them up or something.

i read on immigration.com that a lot of people are complaining about the fact that it takes so long for spouses/children of GC holders to get a visa, so people are writing there congressman and they already introduced a bill(hr 539) ...lets just wait and see what happens.

http://econstituent.votenet.com/(mpvvaq55hfklnf55l3mypy55)/index.aspx/immigration/letterwriting.aspx?issueid=135&takeaction=1

copy and paste the website above and vote for that bill.

Comment

Working...
                          X