Re-Instatement of I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Instatement of I-130

1. Sister filed I-130 for sister in 2006.
    2. Father immigrated and filed for same girl I-130 as Un-married daughter of LPR in 2007.
    3. Sister withdrew her I-130 for sister as father filed I-130 in 2007
    4. The Girl got married in 2009 and father’s I-130 automatically cancelled as he is still LPR.

Question:
    Can sister who withdrew I-130 in 2007 can request to re-instate her I-130 so that
    Few years can be saved by getting priority date of 2006? If yes, how?

Any expert advise will be appreciated.

1. Sister filed I-130 for sister in 2006.
    2. Father immigrated and filed for same girl I-130 as Un-married daughter of LPR in 2007.
    3. Sister withdrew her I-130 for sister as father filed I-130 in 2007
    4. The Girl got married in 2009 and father’s I-130 automatically cancelled as he is still LPR.

Question:
    Can sister who withdrew I-130 in 2007 can request to re-instate her I-130 so that
    Few years can be saved by getting priority date of 2006? If yes, how?

Any expert advise will be appreciated.

Comment

Tak: First of all both should not withdrew the I-130 They should left over with the uscis.
      I think sister is a USC....?
      USCIS can not automatically cancelled LPR's
      I-130, Unless he said to them.
      Sister can not re-insyaye her Petition any more.
      I think this section of the law has not been changed so far...
      Check to see I-130 Instrucations.

Comment

time out...FSN knows less than a cowpie about our immigration laws....

Comment

Yes, sister is USC and she voluntarily withdrawn I-130 when father filed I-130 for unmarried daughter which I agree with you that should have not be withdrawn.

I-130 filed by father is not yet cancelled but we know that it will not be used for issuance of IV.

It is bad news that sister can not re-instate her I-130 which was withdrawn. They will have to start from scratch.

Comment

Any other with experience of similar situation?

Comment

I would just write a letter explaining the situation and request that the former I-130 be reinstated. Attach copies of both 1-130s and have the writ notarized.

USCIS will respond and let you know if it is possible.
              “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Thank you. There is no harm is asking. You do not get if you do not ask. Regards.

Comment

You cannot reinstate an I130 that has been withdrawn. You now have to start all over.

Comment

Working...
                  X