Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow up- Dual Citizenship laws to Indian Origin, and landmark decision made in Pakistani Court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow up- Dual Citizenship laws to Indian Origin, and landmark decision made in Pakistani Court

Last edited by SAMMY; 04-17-2018, 06:05 AM.

Thanks for that info sammy... here are some more news on current date...

Statement on Dual Citizenship

CGI Houston, December 23, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indian Parliament has passed the bill to grant Dual Nationality to PIOs belonging to 16 countries viz. United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, Italy, Netherlands, Finland, Ireland, France, New Zealand, Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Sweden, Switzerland and Portugal, on 22 December, 2003.

The procedures and implementation process is being worked out by the Government and is likely to take 3 to 6 months.

The Consulate General of India would widely publicise the procedure for applying for Dual Nationality once it is finalised.

source : -

http://www.cgihouston.org/PressReleaseDualC.html

Comment

Thank you so much, SAMMY.

I follow womens rights in other countries closely. I have asked Mian to let his daughter marry whom she chooses, and he agreed, but...

This is good news, but I'm sure change will come slowly. Perhaps by the time she is old enough to marry, she can do so at her own free will.
      Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Working...
      X