Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support Questions....

Hi,

Can anyone help me in this matter? I am filiing a Permanent Residency application for my "Alien" husband at the Texas Service Center (TSC). I understand that it is advisable to file all the necessary paper work simultaneously (i.e. I-485, I-130, Advanced Parole, and the EAD). My problem is that under the requirments of the TSC, I need to include the Affidavit of Support along with the I-485 (AOS) when I am ready to file. At the moment I am having difficulty obtaining an Affidavit of Support. My question is this; can I file the Petition for Alien Relative along with the EAD and the Advanced Parole first, while I wait on the Affidavit of Support (in order to file the AOS), or do I need to file everything together?

Also, I understand that once I file the AOS my husband cannot leave the country while the process takes place without a "travel permit" from the INS, is this the same if I file the I-130 ONLY? Finally, how long after filing the I-130 do I have in order to file the AOS?

Finally, I am not eligible to sponser him and have some quetions to the role of the co-sponser. Does the Affidavit of Support get reported to the Credit Buerau? By being a sponser, does this affect the sponser with the IRA in any way or does it affect thier credit in any way towards making future big purchases?

Let me know...

Thank you.

Hi,

Can anyone help me in this matter? I am filiing a Permanent Residency application for my "Alien" husband at the Texas Service Center (TSC). I understand that it is advisable to file all the necessary paper work simultaneously (i.e. I-485, I-130, Advanced Parole, and the EAD). My problem is that under the requirments of the TSC, I need to include the Affidavit of Support along with the I-485 (AOS) when I am ready to file. At the moment I am having difficulty obtaining an Affidavit of Support. My question is this; can I file the Petition for Alien Relative along with the EAD and the Advanced Parole first, while I wait on the Affidavit of Support (in order to file the AOS), or do I need to file everything together?

Also, I understand that once I file the AOS my husband cannot leave the country while the process takes place without a "travel permit" from the INS, is this the same if I file the I-130 ONLY? Finally, how long after filing the I-130 do I have in order to file the AOS?

Finally, I am not eligible to sponser him and have some quetions to the role of the co-sponser. Does the Affidavit of Support get reported to the Credit Buerau? By being a sponser, does this affect the sponser with the IRA in any way or does it affect thier credit in any way towards making future big purchases?

Let me know...

Thank you.

Comment

You will have to file all papers together or just I-130. If you will file only I-130, then when it will approved your spouse will file for AOS. EAD application and AP can not be filed without AOS petition. If you will all papers together then it will be very fast and your spouse can get Work Authorization and AP in about 3 - 4 months.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X