2-year home residency

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-year home residency

I came to US as a student with a J-1 visa in 1997. I got married last year. My wife is a US citizen. However, when my lawyer was filing papers for status adjustment he did not get a waiver for the 2-year home residency requirement on my J-1 Visa. The papers to obtain such waiver are in process. However, I have recently received a response from INS with an appointment to have my fingerprints taken. Will I be able to submit this waiver during this case or do I have to file papers again?

I came to US as a student with a J-1 visa in 1997. I got married last year. My wife is a US citizen. However, when my lawyer was filing papers for status adjustment he did not get a waiver for the 2-year home residency requirement on my J-1 Visa. The papers to obtain such waiver are in process. However, I have recently received a response from INS with an appointment to have my fingerprints taken. Will I be able to submit this waiver during this case or do I have to file papers again?

Comment

The waiver can be filed anytime but it should be before the case approval.

Comment

Some info for you
        http://www.mdgreencard.com/j1_waiver.html

Comment

To Mohan

What is considered the case approval? Waiver has been already filed; I have a response from WO. I am just not sure, if I have refile my papers, or I will be able to use this waiver in my current case. If I can use this waiver, should I have it during fingerprints appointment or interview itself?

Thanks

Comment

to afriend

Thanks!

Comment

Waiver should be filed before Interview/aproval. You can use this waiver in your current case as you still have to go to the process of security check(After finger printing) and Interview.

Comment

Thanks a lot!!

Comment

in case you'll be granted a waiver...

Comment

me and my husband just got married 2 weeks ago he is here illegally and i just found out im 7 weeks pregnant will they make him go back to his country before he can become a citizen. is there something i can file to insure he stays?

Comment

Working...
                    X