Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling with a refugee travel document

Hello -

I'm a permanent resident based on Asylum. I'm thinking about taking a few trips to Europe (mainly France, Italy, Greece and Spain) and to Argentina and Brazil using a refugee travel document. I wonder if customs officials in these countries are familiar with refugee travel documents and whether people had smooth experiences traveling with refugee travel documents or not. If you've travelled with a refugee travel document before, I would appreciate it if you can share your experiences with it abroad and returning to the US.

Thanks in advance

Hello -

I'm a permanent resident based on Asylum. I'm thinking about taking a few trips to Europe (mainly France, Italy, Greece and Spain) and to Argentina and Brazil using a refugee travel document. I wonder if customs officials in these countries are familiar with refugee travel documents and whether people had smooth experiences traveling with refugee travel documents or not. If you've travelled with a refugee travel document before, I would appreciate it if you can share your experiences with it abroad and returning to the US.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Those countries recognize the US Refugee Travel Document for use as a replacement for a passport. However it does not substitute for a visa.

Comment

Working...
      X