Can I-601 overcome drug conviction?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I-601 overcome drug conviction?

Thanks in advance for your comments. My situation is this, I have lived in the US for over 24 years, most of that time out of status. 18 years ago I plead guilty to a drug offense and mistakenly thought I was not convicted as a result of a with hold of adjudication. I was wrong. My wife of 16 years is a naturalized USC, and so are both my children.

My wife petitioned for me years ago, however we never followed up on the advice of a number of attorneys. I was recently told by another attorney that an I 601 filed with adjustment of status may overcome the conviction.

Any experts , please advise.
    Thanks

Thanks in advance for your comments. My situation is this, I have lived in the US for over 24 years, most of that time out of status. 18 years ago I plead guilty to a drug offense and mistakenly thought I was not convicted as a result of a with hold of adjudication. I was wrong. My wife of 16 years is a naturalized USC, and so are both my children.

My wife petitioned for me years ago, however we never followed up on the advice of a number of attorneys. I was recently told by another attorney that an I 601 filed with adjustment of status may overcome the conviction.

Any experts , please advise.
    Thanks

Comment

I don't think you are eligible for a waiver. I've been reading a lot about waivers and I found out there are few cases that INS won't allow such as drug offense is one of them.But try to work this out with your lawyer, who knows there might be a way.It's better to try and lost than not trying at all!

Comment

Working...
      X