Name Change??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Change??

Hi!I need some help. I got married to my fiance and filed for AOS, I used my maiden name on the form but I also sent them my marriage certificate. I also applied and received AP using my maiden name. I recently applied for EAD with my married name since I would like to start using my married name. I sent them a letter and a copy of my marriage certificate as evidence.
    Now I am worried that my Alien number will show different last names,should I leave it alone or do something about it?? Please advise. Thanks.

Hi!I need some help. I got married to my fiance and filed for AOS, I used my maiden name on the form but I also sent them my marriage certificate. I also applied and received AP using my maiden name. I recently applied for EAD with my married name since I would like to start using my married name. I sent them a letter and a copy of my marriage certificate as evidence.
    Now I am worried that my Alien number will show different last names,should I leave it alone or do something about it?? Please advise. Thanks.

Comment

Dear BlueOrchid. It wouldn't hurt to contact BCIS to determine what they require but as long as you have proof (your marriage certificate) of how your name changed you should have no problems. If you have a Social Security Card take your marriage certificate to the SS Office and change your name on your Social Security Card too - it's very simple. Good Luck.

Comment

Don't worry. You will be able to correct your information during your interview and make sure your legal name is used on your permanent resident card. If you already had your interview and the BCIS issues a card in your maiden name, you have to file an I-90 will proof of name change (i.e. marriage certificate) and pay the fee to correct it. Even if you never correct your maiden name, you won't have serious problems, just the occasional hassle like having to have your marriage certificate with you when you apply for a driver's license.

The Grand Poo-Bah
        Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

Working...
        X