Following-to-join benefit for spouses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Following-to-join benefit for spouses

I am a permanent reident of US (through DV). I was married before I become PR (we were living in the US), but my wife was not able to get PR at that time since she left the US to visit her family during the process. Meanwhile she become resident of Canada. More than 1 year passed since I got my PR. Can I apply for "Following-to-join benefit for spouses" for her? How long does it take?
    Is there any other visa she can apply for?

Thank you for the help.

I am a permanent reident of US (through DV). I was married before I become PR (we were living in the US), but my wife was not able to get PR at that time since she left the US to visit her family during the process. Meanwhile she become resident of Canada. More than 1 year passed since I got my PR. Can I apply for "Following-to-join benefit for spouses" for her? How long does it take?
    Is there any other visa she can apply for?

Thank you for the help.

Comment

Please help!!!

Comment

K3 visa or check if they do DCF in canada

Comment

What is

Comment

What is DCF?
            Ony other suggestion?

Comment

Is K3 visa just for US citizens? Or, as being an immigrant, can I also apply?

Comment

Julie, stop lying. K3 is only for US citizens. This guy is a PR.

Comment

Does anybody know about "Following-to-join benefit for spouses" procedure?

Comment

First of all I'm thinking that Julie was in a hurry when she responded to your posts as I've never noticed her "lying" before. I'm unfamiliar with the follow to join benefit that you are referring to. If you don't get appropriate response I would try the "chat with lawyers" Monday night at 6pm EST. Link is on the left side of page.

Comment

As far as I know, she should be eligible for a V category visa, wbich allows spouses of permenent residents to enter the country while waiting for permenent residency. Check the processing times on this.

Comment

In the state.gov web page, it is stated that, to to be able to apply for V1, the following is required:

"The lawful permanent resident filed an immigrant visa petition for his or her spouse on or before December 21, 2000, and

The spouse has waited three years since the filing of the petition and has not been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview."

I have applied for her before 2000, we together had the interview. However, when they call her to get her passport stamped, she already out of stated due to some helth problem of her mother. We did not know that she needed to get a permission to travel. They said that, they have to cancel her case. Since then I did not apply for her. Now what happens? Can she apply for V1?

Comment

Remi, why dont you relax ********, I was only trying to offer the guy advice. What a m-o-r-o-n you are

Comment

Working...
                          X