Lots of travel for work - issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of travel for work - issues?

I travel to EU for work for two or three weeks at a time for the last few months. I have a GC, which I'd like to maintain obviously and I would also like to apply for Citizenship without delays.

Does this kind of absence pose any issues?

Thanks for taking a look at this post.

I travel to EU for work for two or three weeks at a time for the last few months. I have a GC, which I'd like to maintain obviously and I would also like to apply for Citizenship without delays.

Does this kind of absence pose any issues?

Thanks for taking a look at this post.

Comment

Continuous Residence

“Continuous residence” means that you
      have not left the United States for a long
      period of time. If you leave the United
      States for too long, you may interrupt
      your continuous residence.

They look at trips longer than 6 months at a time, so your short trips shouldn't cause any problem when it comes time to apply for citizenship.

Comment

Generally, you can't have been out of the US for more than 30 months total in the 5 years prior to applying for naturalization - 18 if applying under the 3 year rule (so half).

If you work for a US Company and it's them that's sending you for the short trips, it shouldn't be any issue at all.

See this site for information.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Thanks guys. So far this sounds pretty positive. I don't think I'm going to keep this up for 30 months.

Comment

You just have to show that you have an unrelinquished primary residence here. I presume you stay at hotels while traveling overseas, not at a residence you own? If the question comes up, show your hotel receipts that show that you travel on business.

Comment

Working...
            X